2015 Ace Race #3: China Post race discussion

Nice quali:
05e69145cd55c24af8b798214e1d8ae5.jpg

Gongrats to Michi and Pashalis, what a race!
You guys were supreme today.
And Michi who took the wrong tyres in the 2nd stop (options again) and had to improvise and change strategy and still managed to win! That took balls and brains. I have alrady fielded a call from Martin O'Brundle asking what was it all about.

I had a superb race from my point of view. Although being held up in Q1 quite badly – thanks for that – I made my way into Q2 by just 0,060s. There I was able to put my car into P3 and therefore the fundament for the victory was set.

Knowing about my 2 Stop I planned to do, I don’t need to push at all in the opening laps. Moving into P4 everything went very well and after 10 laps I was just 5 seconds behind the leader Pashalis Gergis. My 2nd stint was pretty much perfect. Even closing the gap to the leaders to 3 seconds when they did their 2nd pit stop in Lap 20.

In lap 27 I was stupid and fitted softs instead of primes to go the last 18 laps to the end. That meant I had to go for a 3rd stop towards the end of the race. Instead of leading the race by 12 seconds and cruise to the end I saw myself being 10 seconds behind. I pushed and burned the softs down after 10 laps and fitted prims for the remaining 8 laps. I tried to undo my mistake by going beyond the limits of the car. That worked out and I overtook Godek 5 laps before the finish in Turn 1 and Pashalis Gergis in the very last lap on the back straight towards Turn 15. It was an incredible race for me. Definitely you can divide that race into proper cruising in race pace and doing 18 qualifying laps in a row.

See you in Bahrain

@Joggel_3000
That Michi was an incredible drive. For a guy that like to plan it all out and set his strategy like you do and then to have to react and adapt to that error in not taking the primes showed you had the pace and the calm under pressure to deal with it.
It made the final laps very exciting for all especially you and Pashalis.

You and Pashalis put the other teams under intense pressure and thats when mistakes happen.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing