2015 Ace Race #3, China: Post Race checks

I will update this thread once I have incident reviews done.

Marek Godek(3.00)

Q1: Clean
Q2: Clean
Launch Control: Used
Log: Clean
Pit exit: Clean
Tyre rules fulfilled: Yes
Penalty:+30seconds for race cutting

Mike Partington(4.50)
Log:Clean
Tyre rules fulfilled: DNF
Penalty: N/A

Michael Fancesconi(4.50)
Q2: N/A
Penalty: DQ for race cutting.

Pashalis Gergis(2.75)
Q1: Cut last corner outlap
Q2: Cut
Penalty: +30sec for race cutting, pitlane start for cutting both qualifying sessions for the second time and -0.5SR.

Daniel Kiss(4.50)

Rens Klop(4.50)

Martin Hodas(4.00)
Penalty:

Guillermo Prieto(4.50)

Eros Masciulli(4.50)

Teemu Valkeejarvi(4.00)

Georg Winter(4.00)
Q1: N/A
Log: No log
Penalty: DQ no log

Chris de Jong(4.00)
Penalty:

Danny van der Niet(2.00)
Log:No log
Penalty:

Fabrizio Gobbi(2.50)
Penalty:+10seconds for incident #3, -1.5SR for combination of incidents.

Giuseppe Ragusa(4.00)
Penalty:

Gennaro Celiento(4.50)

Penalty:

Miguel Reyes(4.50)
Penalty:

Ruud Heesterbeek(4.00)

Mark Alberts(4.00)

Thomas Satherly(4.00)

Argenis Reira(3.00)
Q1: Cut
Penalty: BOG for next race

Michi Hoyer(4.00)
Penalty +30sec for race cutting

Mikko Suokas(4.00)
Penalty

Alessio Campus(4.00)
Penalty

Incident #1
Lap 1 0:34
Hodas almost twice lost contact with group and suffered minor suspension damage.

Director: Gobbi brakes late and has minor contact with Hodas. Gobbi did not have any part of his car alongside Hodas at the turn in point to the corner. Gobbi at fault. Warning to Gobbi

Verdict: Warning to Gobbi.

Incident #2
Lap 1 1:32
Hodas almost twice lost contact with group and suffered minor suspension damage.

Director: Gobbi brakes late and has contact with Hodas. Gobbi did not have any part of his car alongside Hodas at the turn in point to the corner. Gobbi at fault.

Verdict:
-0.5SR

Incident #3
Lap 25 2717 replay time.
I overtook him on the straight with DRS and tried to braking me out in the hairpin and touched me. I spun lost my frontwing endplate and some time

Director: Gobbi brakes later than Klop and they have contact, spinning Klop around. Gobbi is not alongside him at the turn in point to the corner. Klop lost 7seconds on that lap.

Verdict: +10seconds for Gobbi, -1.0SR for this incidnet.

CUTS

Hoyer
lap 1[T16] 315 CLEAN,
Lap 4[T16] 612... cut[AVOIDING SPIN CLEAN]
lap 7[T16] 912 cut,
lap 12[T16] 1410 CLEAN,
lap 14[T10] 1585 cut,
lap 14[T16] 1628 cut,
lap 28[T16] 3028 CLEAN,
lap 31[T16] 3319 cut,
lap 41[T16] 4309 cut,
lap 43[T16] 4502 cut..................
6 cuts

Godek
Lap 7 [T16]912 cut,
lap 8 [T16]1013 cut,
lap 10 [T16]1215 cut,
lap 11[T16] 1315 cut,
lap 17[T10] 1888 cut,
lap 42[T16] 4408 cut........
6 cuts

Gergis
Lap 4[T16] 611 cut,
lap 8[T16] CLEAN,
lap 9[T16] 1109 cut,
lap 11[T16] 1328 cut,
lap 12[T16] 1426 CLEAN JUST,
lap 23 0:51 [T10]CLEAN,
lap 25[T16] 2724 clean,
lap 27[T16] 2920 cut,
lap 28[T16] 3018 cut,
lap 37[T16] 3920 cut.......
6cuts

Gobbi
Lap 3[T16] 518 cut[OWN REPLAY IS CLEAN],
Lap 5[T16] 716 cut,
lap 17[T16] 1937 CLEAN,
lap 20 [T10]2191 cut,
lap 22[T16] 2431 cut,
lap 38 [T16] 4022 cut[OWN REPLAY IS CLEAN],
lap 39 [T10]4076 cut,
lap 39[T16] 4119 CLEAN.....
4 cuts

Ragusa
lap 4 621CLEAN JUST,
lap 10 1242 cut,
lap 16 1795 cut[OUTSIDE 101.5% SO CLEAN]
lap 19 2135 cut,
lap 29 3138 cut,
lap 35 3742 cut...
4 cuts

Francesconi
Lap 2[T16] 420 cut,
lap 5[T16] 719 cut,
lap 10[T10] 1195 cut,
lap 10[T16] 1239 cut,
lap 13[T16] 1539 CLEAN,
lap14[T16] 1638 cut,
lap 17[T10][OUTSIDE 101.5% CLEAN] 1899 cut,
lap 22[T16] 2456 cut,
lap 25[T16] 2751 cut
, lap 26[T10] 2807 cut,
lap 26[T16] 2851 cut,
lap 29[T16] 3147 cut,
lap 33[T16] 3560 cut ,
lap 35[T10] 3711 cut,
lap 37[T16] 3947 cut,
lap 38 [T10] 4001 cut ,
lap 38 [T16] 4044 cut,
lap 41 [T10] 4295 cut,
lap 42 [T16] 4436 cut......
Too many cuts.

Last edited:
what?

Okay, I guess you did what you had to do but from my point of view in both situations, especially in Australia where I only lost brakes and almost went off-track in T1 and that's how I extended, I had 0 intentions to gain time on those laps and I think you have already seen that. I don't know if I'm allowed to ask for this to be reviewed again but if so, I'd like to. Isn't it a bit unfair to have race ban for so close situations? I mean there have been major incidents in the past and I hardly remember anyone getting a race ban. But in the end of the day if I can't protest somehow about it I fully accept it and won't repeat those silly, I mean silly mistakes in the next races. My inactivity for almost 3 years has got the best out of me it seems. How stupid from my side....

Cheers.

Last edited:
i want to know which laps i cut...with my replay i'm over the curb only 3 times, and for only 1mm...i don't believe that exist some people that protest for cutting 1mm....for me this people are slow and don't accept to lost...very looser... Because i agree for many cut i have seen in the race,but cut with 4 wheels over 2meters over the curbs...this is irregulary for me...not 1mm....

A cut is a cut and some people were very careful and lost time by not cutting. Also if someone does constantly cut by 2m its a dsq not a time pen.
i agree...but i speak for me...i have been very very careful all the race and qualify,but in many laps you can make a mistake and lose time for quit in last corner...4 cut on 45 laps aren't Too much...especially in the bagarre in the first 10 laps...where in 6-7 driver were in 2 seconds

i agree...but i speak for me...i have been very very careful all the race and qualify,but in many laps you can make a mistake and lose time for quit in last corner...4 cut on 45 laps aren't Too much...especially in the bagarre in the first 10 laps...where in 6-7 driver were in 2 seconds

Welcome to FSR mate. This is not some local amateur "anything goes" league. Next time you'll know not to do it. ;)

They didnt deserve it though pash..and they didnt do a better job either..lazy arse 30 second penalties gifted it to them..gpcos allows a 10 sec penalty which more than fits the crime off maybe stealing 1 second on track...and a ban?? Just wow...also half them offtracks are driving errors that hurt noone elses race..so why arent the spinning out errors where other drivers have races wrecked penalised or dopes racing with no wings hitting others?..theres a reason f1 brought in 5 sec pens..the punishment fittin the crime

The rules say 101.5% off the best lap in the stint is not a cut so if you are within that time you gained time. It's clear enough for me because even if you were 6-7 driver within 2 sec I didn't see 6-7 from that group having a penalty :)

They didnt deserve it though pash..and they didnt do a better job either..lazy arse 30 second penalties gifted it to them..gpcos allows a 10 sec penalty which more than fits the crime off maybe stealing 1 second on track...and a ban?? Just wow...also half them offtracks are driving errors that hurt noone elses race..so why arent the spinning out errors where other drivers have races wrecked penalised or dopes racing with no wings hitting others?..theres a reason f1 brought in 5 sec pens..the punishment fittin the crime

Maybe you should give the official FSR rules documents another glance then.

If there was a wall where you're not supposed to drive, they'd be out of the race, never mind 30 second penalty.

If you extended, you extended, and no matter how much you plead, the decisions shouldn't be overturned as this won't be fair to the people who actually did read the rules.

There really is no argument against the penalties.

Actually they did, they were the fastest who didn't break the rules. Everyone who has read the FSR rules (which should be everyone of us) knew the extending/cutting rules for sure, they are harsh but they are also the same for everyone and on this level I think they should be harsh. Maybe some changes could be made but for this race these penalties will apply because this race was driven under the current rules so it's pointless to cry. If you have some suggestions how to improve the rules and keep the extending/cutting in minimum you're more than welcome to let us know.

Who pleaded to have anything over turned..am saying that with these driving errors that hurt no one..a 10 sec pen is available over a 30..a spin that wrecks others is also a driving error that goes unpunished despite the effect to others...i struggle to see the difference...as i said..f1 introduced 5 sec pens for a reason

Actually they did, they were the fastest who didn't break the rules. Everyone who has read the FSR rules (which should be everyone of us) knew the extending/cutting rules for sure, they are harsh but they are also the same for everyone and on this level I think they should be harsh. Maybe some changes could be made but for this race these penalties will apply because this race was driven under the current rules so it's pointless to cry. If you have some suggestions how to improve the rules and keep the extending/cutting in minimum you're more than welcome to let us know.

Agreed, although I think the current rules are perfectly reasonable.

Who pleaded to have anything over turned..am saying that with these driving errors that hurt no one..a 10 sec pen is available over a 30..a spin that wrecks others is also a driving error that goes unpunished despite the effect to others...i struggle to see the difference...as i said..f1 introduced 5 sec pens for a reason
Idk if you are talking more about that Ban or penalties in race. To the Gergis:
"Official warning for Q2 cut, -0.25SR points, conditional race ban penalty for future cuts in both sessions at once."

He was officialy warned, that next time it will be Race Ban. He did it again - but he agreed it was his mistake. Im sure he will prevent it next time...

In such a competition in Q´s this year, cuts are very important. If driver cut in both session, he can eventualy gain few more positions (its matter of tenths and hundreds this year). For example me - I sucks in Q. I wasnt slow in China, but with P9 I cant expect mirracles in typical "China train". But if I wouldnt be pussy in last corner, I would gain 1-2 tenths lets say and higher position on the grid - with better track position in train etc, etc...
--------------------
In race you can say, that you didnt gain anything - but at the same time, you often didnt lost anything - which you would, if you would slow down to make the corner correctly.
Mainly in battles - when there are 6 drivers in 2 secs - and you are wide in last corner cos of dirty air - you are in better position in that fight than you would be, if you would slow down, etc...

As they said already, you can discuss the rule for next race or year, but for China is this black-and-white rule taken into account, for everyone.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%