2014 World Touring Car Championship

Arne Dopudja

Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.
After 4 rounds of racing, it is probably safe to say that Citroen win is set in stone. With a considerably better car they outpace the field without any major problem. From last to podium on both Paul Ricard races show that the speed is unmatched.

Honda seems to be the only worthy contender in terms of defending positions against Citroen and the rest of the field is evenly matched. Borkovic and Coronel could pose a threat to Honda when they focus and get the cars fixed.

The question is: What will Citroen do in terms of team orders? They were giving blatant team orders in Marrakech but the same cannot be said for France. The three drivers are still in play for a title so atleast we can probably expect high rivalry inside the team if the points stay even.

Citroen is start to building car before 2013 season end? ! it's true that they build realy good car, but they have more time to test i think. Maybe weight add to citroen??

Well sad to say this year's championship is turning into a snooze fest. I haven't seen Hungary yet, but Citroen haven't even been letting their cars race each other. Marrakech was appalling.

All I can say is that if it doesn't get interesting soon, I won't be enticed to watch much of it next year, especially with the BTCC being so good.

Last edited:
After race 1 I've not bothered watching it. BTCC has been brilliant so far this year, WTCC needs to ditch the GP circuits and use the same 3 race system as BTCC to make it interesting in my opinion.

V8S and BTCC take the crown this year.

However in R2 Hungary, Coronel did hold up Citroen and the rest of the team for Morbidelli to take his first TC win.

Just saw on Twitter that Citroen are crowned manufactures champion. Missed 90% of the current season as most races aren't live on Eurosport 1 anymore. Shame that such a great series cannot be viewed anymore on the open net.

Just saw on Twitter that Citroen are crowned manufactures champion. Missed 90% of the current season as most races aren't live on Eurosport 1 anymore. Shame that such a great series cannot be viewed anymore on the open net.
You didn't miss that much really, sad to say the year was a bit disappointing. It wasn't even close, the World Touring Citroen Championship. There were a few highlights, sure, but the only round that was exciting (for me) was Hungaroring because it was too difficult for the Citroens to overtake. But they're on the green hell for a round next year!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.3%