Team ORSM

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
RaceDepartment welcomes Team ORSM. Here you will find the new home of the team behind V8Factor, Bathurst and other productions!

Have fun!

Once I am happy with where the cars are at I will hand them over to the ORSM team for their feedback and then make any necessary alterations needed. How long it will take from there I have no idea I am not sure which platform has even being decided on yet.

I would hope to have the models locked down by the end of February as that is when I intend to carry on with my own mods etc

so will you do the FGX instead of the FG Butters?

looking forward to it either way.

(rfactor 1 please!) *wink*

I personally would actually prefer it not be RF1 and that is mainly because of how easy it is for people to steal content from RF1. I know the same will be for RF2 or Assetto Corsa eventually but it would be nice to see the models in an ORSM Mod for a new gen platform rather than someone ripping off the models and putting them in RF2 or AC. Having said that though I wouldn't object to it being released to RF1 after a next gen platform has had it's release.

Focus is on the 2014 series but once this mod is in game I would be keen to help get the FGX in for a 2015 version.

For me personally I don't think I will be as much of an avid fan of the Supercars if they move away from a V8 series. Hence why I am more than happy to help out to try and get a mod to replicate for Sim Racers what could be the end of an era for a much loved class.

ok so to keep it short when i play say 09 season certain cars dominate the race but then in 2010 season there mid pack and back for me its Lowndes and Whincup,Tander etc.. ive edited talent files but do i have to make certain folders eg V8Factor09,10,11 ?

The trouble is we were over half way there but then the V8Supercars site closed down and was taken over by a bunch that don't even keep the last 2-3 years of photos up on the site. Bigpond took all the photos down from 2001 right up to the 2012 season when they closed up. Also Inetpics.com has gone. This sight had shots of every round and back as far as 2005.

that's sad to hear... i guess even video has gone in the same way....

Little more progress things are starting to settle down so should get back into the swing by the end of the month.

Attachments

• Holden 1.jpg
    Holden 1.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 462
Any response would be polite... Sorry if I am starting to sound impatient, but I have been trying to ask for permission in the proper way for going on three whole months now with no progress whatsoever. May we please have permission to release Bathurst converted for GSCE?

I have to add, with the obvious risk of being rejected just for saying so, that the lack of dialog and the difficulty in conversing with Team ORSM about this matter is frustrating; it's no wonder some people have gone ahead and done it without permission. Not everyone is willing to ask properly, as I am. Please don't fob off those trying to do it properly. Let more people enjoy those thousands of hours you put in, it's a niche enough community as it is.

This area isn't mine to make comment on normally but Still-Bacon has given you your answer even if it is in a roundabout way.
Put simple; No permission is given.
When and If this version of the track is made for other gaming formats it will be ORSM, Krunch who dose it. I say "If" because it maybe simpler to scratch build to maintain a high quality were conversions rarely do.

If you go ahead and do as you wont you'll be adding to the growing list of modders out there that are not making content for any platform because their tied of seeing low quality conversions such as the ORSM V8 cars to rF2 for example.
Wait or put a team together that can build content. That's what FVR did and now their working on rF2 along side other ISI gMotor formatted games.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing