Team ORSM

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
RaceDepartment welcomes Team ORSM. Here you will find the new home of the team behind V8Factor, Bathurst and other productions!

Have fun!

Amended the spinner stand version to start creating a lower poly version of the Volvo. Also a start on a low poly Falcon.

Attachments

• Volvo low poly.jpg
    Volvo low poly.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 639
  • falcon low poly.jpg
    falcon low poly.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:
Hey guys,

So i am using the V8 Supercars 2014 ( Updated version ) that you guys have here. Its amazing, with all the tracks in the 2014 calandar and know all the cars it makes for a real racing feeling.

One problem, seems my cars dont like turning at high speeds, going through the shicane at the gold coast in the first few turns i have to be real slow in order to get the car to turn in. Comming into that scary as corner at Adelaide i think its turn 8, the V8 drivers do it in 6th gear but i have to chuck her down into the 4th gear in order to not smash the fence. This means my lap times are 5 - 6 seconds slower then the field. Extremely frustrating. Anyone able to lend a hand? I have downloaded the car setups for tracks.. Just would like my car to turn at fast speeds :)

Jason

Hi! There is a 21 step setup guide for gtr2 which helped me a lot. Just google it. Although this is rfactor the basics are the same... Take a look at it.

For example, at bathurst the backstraight has a slight turn right, i used to take 8 or 9 values to rear wing and i had too much understeer, so braking to the next corner was hard. Right now i run my setup at 2 points in the rear wing but for a long time i placed it at 1. Thats one point, Aerodynamics.
Then there's the surface of the road, at that specific turn i had to set fast bump and rebound with high values, for the only reason that there is a high bump inside that turn (which is my racing line) and i mustn't lose grip there so a i can brake safely to the next turn.

What i'm trying to say is it's hard to help with so little information. I love bathurst and seriously i've gone around it about 5000 times, laps, and only last week i was able to run below the 2:09 second...

Change values within the rear wing and suspension but first try go round it with 5th gear and see if u get under or oversteer, 4 wheel drift, does it loose grip mid corner, or is entering in that corner hard, ony then you'll be able to get better at it. Go in and change values and run 5 or 10 laps and see how it goes.

These cars use tires which the lvl of grip is at its best at around 100ºC... That will help a lot, it's a pointer that your getting the most grip out the car so the info the car gives you is more reliable.

I'm not a master of setups but this is what i do. Cheers

Hi Mick,

I am using the existing mod to base the poly counts and model objects from but the mod itself will essentially be scratch built in regards to models. Hopefully once that is done the ORSM guys will set about working their magic to provide the models those physics we all love and enjoy from their Rfactor 1 experience.

Andrew, this has been passed to Krunch, but I would be pissed if it was me, as the person who converted it didn't have the balls to own up, or to claim he did it.

The fact is what you are asking to do is walk into a store, and walk up to the counter and say "Hi. I know this guy who stole one of your Ipads from the display, and I just want to know if you mind me taking it from him, and handing it around to all my mates.."

What response would you expect in that situation?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%