2014 - Turbos and the end of Vettel

Got my answer during the 1st test. RB cannot even get the car to work yet. LOLZ Bye Vettel! :)
Kimi/Fernando vs. Nico/Lewis will be the show 2014. Don't come later and tell me it was a lucky guess. :)

That said, I do think McLaren will be on the ball all year, as they seem massively prepared, and as we know in F1, the more miles you do, the more progress you make.

From initial testing the Renault powered cars are looking pretty terrible.

At the time of writing this, Red Bull have completed just 11 laps in 3 days of testing. Mean while, Mercedes has completed over 160, while Ferrari have completed just over 100. It's just the first test, and reliability with such new and complex machinery was bound to be pretty bad for some.

But, Red Bull are an incredibly smart and resourceful team, and I'm sure these reliability issues wont hamper them for much longer. I really want to see Dan do well in a competitive car, because I live in the suburb where he grew up (Duncraig), so naturally I want to see him do well.

But just quietly, I'm wishing for 2014 to be dominated by Lewis. I'm talking 19 wins from 19 races ;) hehe

Go Lewis!

Last edited:
Iv just listened to 15 seconds of these cars around Jerez and its confirmed it for me, they sound terrible, look butt ugly and this will be the first season in 20 years that i will be watching something else.

Bernie has ruined this sport this year, he needs locking up.

speak for yourself, i love the sound and some of the designs :D

I always speak for myself, and after all, its just an opinion. How dull and boring would the world be if we all thought the same?

Iv been watching F1 since the late 80's and for myself i think the best looking cars were from '88 to about '92 and the best sounding ones were the beastly turbo's from back in the 80's.

Im guessing Red Bull would like to see theirs develop too. I must admit though it did bring a smile to my face to see them struggling for once, and seeing Mclaren do well.

I'm sorry but the cars this year look absolutely terrible to me. As a matter of fact the past two were ugly as sin also minus a few. I'm really debating even tuning in this year. I could spend that time club racing on here lol.

Last edited:
Vettel is just a typical 'potatoe farmer' that maxed out the potential as long as he could. A bit like MS if he would have continued with Bennetton if you ask me.
ball?

A. I also think Vettel is overrated, HOWEVER, I still think he is top quality, I just don't think he is legend status like Senna, Schumacher, Alonso as some people believe him to be just because of his, so far, 4 titles.

B. What you say about Schumacher and Benetton surprises me because what Schumi did with that Benetton in 91, 92 and 93 was just as amazing as his performance with the 96-99 Ferrari, which was just as amazing as the performance of Senna with his pre-McLaren cars and 1993 McLaren, which was just as amazing as the performance of Alonso with his Minardi and cars from 2008 - 2013.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%