2014 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massa should have let Bottas through earlier, so he could have a go at Button. If Bottas didn't get Button by the end, he should let Massa back through.

It happened in the BTCC a few years ago at Croft, Rob Collard was behind Nick Foster, who was trying to overtake to take the win, but it wasn't working, so Foster let Collard have a go at trying to get the win. He couldn't, so Collard slowed at the final corner to let Foster take the place he'd given up.

This is Massa's fate it seems :D (In Sauber with Heidfeld, in Ferari with Schumacher/Alonso and now in Williams with Bottas)

Mercedes looks really strong and i'm also happy to see that Red Bull can keep up a little with them. I'm surprised by McLaren and Williams for i expected more from them. Grats to Hulkenberg for another great performance. This guy deserves a proper seat already!

Ohhh boy, here we go again :roflmao:

If you're a fan of Vettel, then OBVIOUSLY it's going to be nonsense and absurd.

How does "wrong choice" exclude "wrong setup"? :rolleyes:
By the way, if there is no such thing as wrong setup, then go ahead - go race at Monaco with Monza levels of downforce and suspension settings and tell us how it goes.

You support that statement with one wet race, so I give you one wet race against it - Canada 2011 :laugh: Yeah, he rain-mastered the crap out of turn 6 :roflmao:

There's ALWAYS someone left with brain damage after Snook posts one of his elaborate analyzes. :D

You are so funny :) i give you that

I agree on Canada 2011 of course, and i said nowhere HE WAS RAIN MASTER but he can be rather called that than LUCKY to win in monza 08

Last edited:
"He had the setup everyone had the wrong one" cut the crap please! Tons of Bulls*** !

yeah he had yeah of course he had everyone else was stupid! they didn't knew how to set the car! there was one boy in his second season like touched from god who knew exactly how to pull it off! exactly that way! yeah! it was the setup!
what a load of crap that is!

The same Senna who was an absolute master at setting his car up?
I'm a huge Senna fan, but you're telling me he could win in the wet with any generic setup? No.

That's all I'm saying on this matter, as it's impossible to have a fair discussion with a die-hard Vettel fan.

I am not a die-hard Vettel fan, i am realistic, far more than you are.
I don't see how you don't get my point

I first said how i agreed with you and how that what you quoted, that the race should have been canceled for Vettel being quick, is totally absurd and no one should have that attitude because Vettel is NO GOD. But when i read what you say for thousand of time that he won in Monza because of some ... for you, setup that no one else had except Vettel, i was just like " this is nonsense"

And better you don't because you are wrong

I just cannot understand HOW is possible that when Vettel does something great is everything important but not him, and when someone else does something it's always them. Thats what makes me nervous! People see things when they are gone, i dont wanna be like that.

When Vettel leaded 30 seconds everyone were criticizing them, i say today Hamilton did great job, no matter his setup, his car, his team. There is a difference in my point of view, and yours. I wont say he won because of the car like others said for 4 years for Vettel because Nico had the same. It doesnt matter how much i dislike Hamilton he won it fair and square and deserved it 100%

It goes the same with Vettel in Monza 08 and Button in Canada 11

And i apologize for my spamming style !

Last edited:
Interesting developments indeed. RBR is finding pace, and is making good technological progress.

A bit arrogant of Massa to not let Bottas have a go at Jenson, but i can see why, as his pace was actually not that bad.

Alonso shows yet again that he is the true master, bringing a worse car hime at a solid position, while Kimi is really struggling. But Ferrari is getting there. This season shows great promise.

Reactions: Dux
Ricciardo season so far
Melbourne-Gets 2nd only to then get thrown out because Red Bull ignored the FIA telling them that they are using too much fuel.
Malaysia: Red Bull mess up his pit stop, then his front wing fails and he gets a 10 second stop & go penalty
Bahrain already been given a 10 place grid drop.
Yep he is picking up right where Webber left off

Massa from 13 to 7 and Bottas from 18 to 8. Great performance by Williams on the dry.

Also on Lap 33 Bottas gets fastest lap, that put a huge smile in my face.

I hope that Williams corrects their issues on the wet and we will have many more great performances.

Last edited:
Alonso shows yet again that he is the true master, bringing a worse car hime at a solid position, while Kimi is really struggling. But Ferrari is getting there. This season shows great promise.

I'll just point out that Kimi picked a puncture in the opening laps, from being tapped by Magnusses, putting him at the back end of the field. To make things worse, the disintegrating tyre damaged the car's floor. Despite this, he made it to 12th, with a car that couldn't overtake a snail in reverse.

Kudos to Grosjean, 11th in the Lotus. Great job by Mercedes and half of Red Bull, Ricciardo's pit team is the best ever, and that front wing design will need a bit of a redesign. Fernando also got some solid points with a car that's not quite there. And Hulkenberg just bossing the car around, switching tyres whenever he felt like.

It could have been a worse race. It wasn't a thriller, but most Formula One races aren't so that's fine. Bring it on, Bahrein!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 116 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 91 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 83 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 58 6.5%