2014 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read the ESPN report from Malaysia Qualifying. Fans are moaning saying to stop the race and others are like go with it. The only driver from the 2014 grid that runs well in the rain is Vettel. He won Monza a low down-force track in a Toro Rosso-Ferrari. Getting him the Red Bull Racing drive.
Its been said modern drivers don't like rain and pace car dominates in the wet.

The Masters of rain where the late great Senna and Michael Schumacher. And Alesi.

Just watch the movie RUSH as Nicki Lauda goes to mount Fugi after his accident (causing facial burns) OK he retired and Enzo was OK with it but he got in the car serious rain and fog.
:cry:

nice to see vettel back on top (well almost) after all the rubbish people posted here on the forums. why is it so hard to accept he is very very fast? rain shows who is able to be that little tiny bit better and look at the two front rows, all the really fast guys are there.

So happy for Vettel! Like he won the pole!
With that car to be that close for pole, just shows how great he is! 26 years still!

I have read the ESPN report from Malaysia Qualifying. Fans are moaning saying to stop the race and others are like go with it. The only driver from the 2014 grid that runs well in the rain is Vettel. He won Monza a low down-force track in a Toro Rosso-Ferrari. Getting him the Red Bull Racing drive.
Its been said modern drivers don't like rain and pace car dominates in the wet.

So you're saying the fans want the race stopped because Vettel was quick?

Also, you say Vettel's the only driver on the grid that's good in the wet. Didn't Hamilton get pole?

Oh and Monza 2008 doesn't make Vettel a rain master. It means all the front-running were on the wrong set-up, as has been WELL documented over the years.

So you're saying the fans want the race stopped because Vettel was quick?

Also, you say Vettel's the only driver on the grid that's good in the wet. Didn't Hamilton get pole?

Oh and Monza 2008 doesn't make Vettel a rain master. It means all the front-running were on the wrong set-up, as has been WELL documented over the years.

Chris Jenkins, while i was reading your comment, i was like "who would have that thought that the race would been canceled cause Vettel was quick" ?!
I am fan of Vettel but that is nonsense and absurd!

As for drive in the wet, Hamilton yeah did got the pole, but where was Rosberg? So, was Hamilton too good for the car or it was Vettel too good that split the best team in the moment? It's hard to tell but both deserve credit, however Vettel should be happier for that 2nd given the car he has compared to Hamilton.

But when i read that comment of yours about Monza 2008 and that old story about "all the others were on different setup" please cut the crap!
It's stupid! There is no wrong-setup, there is more clever drivers only and right or wrong choice. So he won it because he deserved it 100% and yes, he can be considered rain-master.

If you push your story with that setup, you kill everything Senna ever did or anyone else in the rain, and that is stupid way to explain things.
No hard feelings o/

Ohhh boy, here we go again :roflmao:

I am fan of Vettel but that is nonsense and absurd!
If you're a fan of Vettel, then OBVIOUSLY it's going to be nonsense and absurd.

It's stupid! There is no wrong-setup, there is more clever drivers only and right or wrong choice.
How does "wrong choice" exclude "wrong setup"? :rolleyes:
By the way, if there is no such thing as wrong setup, then go ahead - go race at Monaco with Monza levels of downforce and suspension settings and tell us how it goes.

and yes, he can be considered rain-master
You support that statement with one wet race, so I give you one wet race against it - Canada 2011 :laugh: Yeah, he rain-mastered the crap out of turn 6 :roflmao:

I think a few of my braincells died trying to understand your comment...
There's ALWAYS someone left with brain damage after Snook posts one of his elaborate analyzes. :D

Last edited:
nice to see vettel back on top (well almost) after all the rubbish people posted here on the forums. why is it so hard to accept he is very very fast? rain shows who is able to be that little tiny bit better and look at the two front rows, all the really fast guys are there.
I have not read every comment on these forums, but among those I've read I haven't seen anyone claiming that Vettel is slow. I've seen heaps and bounds of comments saying he's overrated and that his car/team has him looking better than everyone else while he ain't, but that's not the same as saying he is slow. If he was slow he wouldn't be in Red Bull, or in F1 most likely for that matter, most F1 drivers are really damn fine drivers.

If you push your story with that setup, you kill everything Senna ever did or anyone else in the rain, and that is stupid way to explain things.
No hard feelings o/

The same Senna who was an absolute master at setting his car up?
I'm a huge Senna fan, but you're telling me he could win in the wet with any generic setup? No.

That's all I'm saying on this matter, as it's impossible to have a fair discussion with a die-hard Vettel fan.

Well, it seems that Red Bull has gotten their **** together. It seems like Mercedes will dominate for a while before the other teams find a way to get one step ahead.

I'll be asleep by the time the race starts. I believe it's monsoon season in Malaysia, so, I hope the race doesn't get halted less than halfway.

I wish I had a DVR to record. :/

• Deleted member 90535

I'm glad that Massa didn't listen to his team. The line they used was really not appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%