2014 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have to two zones, but you can only use one per lap (that it's available to you on)

Make it more tactical rather than being able to use both every time you're within range.

Another thing - DRS is there to help with overtaking, so why the hell are they able to use it, if they're 1 s behind someone and manage to pass them before the DRS zone. An additional reward for passing? That makes retaking the position quite a lot harder, because you don't have to just keep up with the car in front and attack successfully - first you have to make up that gap caused by the usually quite significant top speed difference on the DRS straights.

Good job by Vettel 0.055 off pole though his car is clearly superior in corners to anyone else (bar Riccardo) helped him in the rain. Alonso is very close too, surprising (kudos to Ferrari for changing suspension so quickly). Williams is back to normal service I guess. Lotus improving considering car is not setup at all, rain is not helping them either.

Charlie Whiting pathetic as usual btw.

Last edited:
RBR has found something, for sure... The car looks to be a lot better than the rest handling wheelspin, as evidenced by Vettel onboards, where he goes very early on throttle even in the damp conditions. New enginemap?

But the real star is Alonso. Semi broken car (front wheel alignments probably not exact after repairs) that is also a bit behind technically but still managing a really good top time in heavy rain.

I think that if the rain persists at this rate, experience will be deciding factor in the race. My bet is now Hamilton wins ahead of Alonso, with Vettel third... Then maybe Rosberg. Biggest climber will be Button.

I think this was a case of Red Bull's cornering grip still being strong in the wet, coupled with Merc not being able to get the power down into the straights in the wet.

Dry track = bigger Merc advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years