2014 Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, nice race. The end really put a crown on that, superb performances from top 3. Ricciardo really is great driver, he has got amazing feel on the outside, keeping that 3km/h faster with wider line. That is really really hard to do in a simulator that hasn't got real marbles, not to mention in real life where there's dust, broken bits of cars and all kinds of trash. Really impressive driver, lots of confidence and seems to have a small computer in his head. Reminds me of Schumi, calculating 20 laps in advance where he will be, making the moves at the exact right time.

Vettel was lucky and now that he's driving more with the pack, i like him a lot better. He is good but i would say two WDCs too many, at this point. He has a long career still and knows how to dominate: it is a skill on it's own, really good psyching up the opposition to think there is no chances for them, too bad for him that Ricciardo got a really lucky start of the season and a lot of Daniels performance comes from beating Seb early on. If luck would've been on Vettels side of the garage in the first four races: Ricciardo would be #2 and stay there.. Better for spectators this way.

That last Hamilton block on Rosberg, not fair but it was pretty clear: either we both crash or you stay behind. Good call on Nico to stay a bit back after that, pretty sure that will be discussed later. lewis was right to not let Nico pass earlier, Rosberg should've closed the gap, stay there for at least half a lap. Couldn't do it or waited to be nominated as #1 driver, WDC over.. "Tough luck" is what i describe that situation, totally obvious situation and kind a feel like Nico deserved that. There is a hint of smugness on him and most likely needs to be dropped to reality regularly in his life.. :) Humble and hungry Rosberg is better driver anyway..

I listened to the race on radio (too miserly for Sky here) and was on the edge of my seat.
Its seemed to me that if Hamilton followed team orders (which MB don't have anyway right?:rolleyes:) then Nico would have beaten him as shown by Riciardos and his pace on options.
In my view its a bit much of the team to ask a driver who is in effectively P2 and is fighting for a win to let thru the driver he is racing and fighting for the WDC.
I like Rosberg a lot but I think it was too much to ask someone fighting for WDC to do. M/Benz have constructors in the bag so its just about drivers title now. They should have never asked this of Hamilton.

The luck certainly went with Lewis today, so I hope he'll stop taking every opportunity to mention that Nico gets it all. To be fair though, he does seem to have taken the knocks a bit more maturely lately, which shows him in a better light.
Despite Nico's bad luck with the safety car, he remained sporting at the end, no complaints from him, that's always good to see.
Very good recovery drive from Nico, but Daniel Ricciardo and Fernando Alonso certainly wrung everything they could out of the race.

What really surprises me is that Mercedes gave the team order to Hamilton even though it was obvious that Rosberg was to far away and it would have been a clear disadvantage for Hamilton.
This makes me believe that Rosberg is the clear number one driver for Mercedes...

What really surprises me is that Mercedes gave the team order to Hamilton even though it was obvious that Rosberg was to far away and it would have been a clear disadvantage for Hamilton.
This makes me believe that Rosberg is the clear number one driver for Mercedes...

To be fair, I think the only message they gave Hamilton was something like "if Nico catches you, don't hold him up".
I didn't think Rosberg ever seemed to be held up much as he didn't actually threaten to pass Hamilton, he just got about 1- 2 sec behind and demanded Hamilton be slowed down for him to cruise past. Of course Hamilton wasn't going to concede in that situation, it may have been different if Rosberg had actually got very close.

How great is it to see Daniel Ricciardo surprising the experienced drivers with his cool head, expert strategy (even his pit crew didn't seem too keen when he requested the tyre pitstop), and his ability to make critical passes under pressure. I'm sure they'll be watching him more closely from now on.

And best of all, so great to see the huge smile on the podium instead of the arrogant finger. :D:D:D:thumbsup:

EDIT: I thought that Alonso drove another great race, he gets everything possible from his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back