2014 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite exciting, the new qualy format works really well. We can see everyone on track at the last part, that's really big change.

Ricciardo... Man, is he unlucky or what? Both FIA and his own team is making his job harder. But i'm starting to really appreciate his driving, it's solid and smooth. Räikkönen is in a tough spot with his car but that lockup showed some nice little details: he locked up but didn't cause a flatspot as he danced on max deceleration and not ruining the tires... Usually it's strong, black spot like what happened to Lewis, but Kimis Ferraris left tire had a dark streak, spread across half of the tire.. That's BIG difference, spreading the damage doesn't cause such vibrations. So he knows how to brake, now the car has to work. The acceleration twitches on prancing horse is fun to watch ;)

Looking to be a good season, Merc wins but which driver.. Different style on both, Engineer vs Assault.

GP 2013: Gap between pole and 4th: 0.4s
Gap between 5th and 9th: 0.3s (Button was in 10th, no time)

GP 2014: Gap between pole and 4th: 1.0 s
Gap between pole and 10th: 1.8s (!!!)

Are you happy with this?
I'm not.

Agreed, the Merc is a dominant car. The rest of the field is still well off 2013 pace although this won't be a problem in Monza if Anthony Davidson's prediction is correct that the cars will be reaching 360-370kph. :D

Fixed that for you, metric is the preferred unit in this planet. Your job is to learn how to use it, it's not our duty to relearn ancient, unlogical system.

And? My point is that this is what the regulations allow. So Mercs have proved that the regulations are not the reason for other teams struggling.

"Embrace yourself, the 2011 dominance is back." This time with Mercedes instead of Red Bull.
At least I am glad that Vettel and Riccardo are starting in the middle of the pack so we can have at least a bit of action during the race.
I predict top 5 for both of them if they don't have any reliability issues.

Championships can be decided behind closed doors.. Would like to be fly on that conference room wall where the power trio has their bow wow. Bernie is gonna get his more volume or better batteries to his hearing aid... And fuel flow limitations are gonna be removed.

Championships can be decided behind closed doors.. Would like to be fly on that conference room wall where the power trio has their bow wow. Bernie is gonna get his more volume or better batteries to his hearing aid... And fuel flow limitations are gonna be removed.

I don't see how that will sway the championship in anybody's favour. You are aware that Merc are currently also under this fuel flow restriction, right?

I'm surprised Hulkenberg didn't make Q3, I'm sure he'll charge through the field with Vettel and Ricciardo. Strong performance by the aussie, he brought the car to the best position it could be, I hope he's a bit lucky this race. Also Perez seems to be adapting to the car, I think he and Hulk will be a good match in the teammate war.

Also, Valtteri starts third again, after Montreal last year. Only this time, the car seems to have real pace to fight for a podium, and who knows, maybe Rosberg and Hamilton will crash :p

It could be a nice race, as long as they try and focus on the battles on the track, instead of showing the Mercedes coasting around the track :D

By the way, is 1988 a good Formula One season? I hope Lewis and Nico are allowed to fight for the championship, but maybe I'm too optimistic :rolleyes:

Quite exciting, the new qualy format works really well. We can see everyone on track at the last part, that's really big change.

That worked excellent yesterday! Much better than last years Q3 where some of the cars didn't show up at all.

Still for the excitement of the TV viewers I'd like to see a super-pole qualification with only one car on track (from bottom to top based on Q2 results).

Especially with that nifty new comparison TV overlay they are using to compare two cars that will be super cool to watch.

A sandstorm will enter the circuit suddenly, and after redflags in total darkness one sole car slowly appears on the start-finish straight. What is this? Looks reddish, is it Kimi or Fernando? No, it's one of the Marussias! JESUS IT IS MAX CHILTON!

Is this 30 minutes after the leader crossed the finish line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back