2014 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The race was a credit to Hamilton and Rosberg who raced hard and clean.
To Mercedes who gave them the car and allowed them to race. (cough, cough no Christian Horner here then).
To Rosbergs race engineer who switched strategy and gave him an edge with options in the final stint.
Great stuff. F1 is interesting again.
oh mustn't forget Ricciardo spanking Vettel makes me feel good.

The race was a credit to Hamilton and Rosberg who raced hard and clean.
To Mercedes who gave them the car and allowed them to race. (cough, cough no Christian Horner here then).
To Rosbergs race engineer who switched strategy and gave him an edge with options in the final stint.
Great stuff. F1 is interesting again.
oh mustn't forget Ricciardo spanking Vettel makes me feel good.
i never thought i'd say this david but...I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID lol :thumbsup:

tumblr_mbubfiD0In1qd80hwo1_500.gif

Not enough power in Vettel's car plus 1/4 of the race he drove with no DRS.

It's always big when champion falls behind the newcomer or someone from the back part of the group but it's nothing serious and happened to everyone anytime

The difference between Red Bull and Merc's domination is that Red Bull had team orders and an older driver while Merc have two prime drivers in identical cars ready to fight every race.

You say in the past 5 years Vettel had faster car than Webber?

So disappointed by Ferrari.
Sadly Kimi got hit twice, again from magnussen and then Kyvat...
Still too slow this **** car.
Ferrari was crying for less aero and more engine importance.
What you see know is what F wanted and they still suck huge.
Huge fail!

Best race ofc!

You say in the past 5 years Vettel had faster car than Webber?
I don't know if he is saying it, but I am. The development of the RB car has been 100% tailored to fit SV's driving style, and MW just had to try to adapt his setup and driving to fit as he best could.
This is ofc not a fact, but a opinion, but I firmly believe it is so and nothing can make me change that, not even a official word from any of them because I think we would never know the truth if it was so.

I don't know if he is saying it, but I am. The development of the RB car has been 100% tailored to fit SV's driving style, and MW just had to try to adapt his setup and driving to fit as he best could.
This is ofc not a fact, but a opinion, but I firmly believe it is so and nothing can make me change that, not even a official word from any of them because I think we would never know the truth if it was so.

Actually you are right, but no one tailored to suit him, Vettel did that himself and only one who could. And for that he is 4 times world champion. Maybe someone will disagree but you dont go in a team saying "make the car like this and i will give you 4 titles" You have to prove first you are worthy enough. He did that, 2008, 2009, 2010, the rest is just very normal...

Actually you are right, but no one tailored to suit him, Vettel did that himself and only one who could. And for that he is 4 times world champion. Maybe someone will disagree but you dont go in a team saying "make the car like this and i will give you 4 titles" You have to prove first you are worthy enough. He did that, 2008, 2009, 2010, the rest is just very normal...
Deleted a lenghty reply because I think in the end we won't agree and it'll just lead to even more arguing about "facts" that none of us can prove.
Can we at least agree that the GP was far more entertaining to watch than it has been in quite a while? :)

Yes and the fact that Mark was past his best. No way did they have the same car when Vettel completely dominated and Webber hardly managed to finish each race.
Maybe Vettel was just able to manage the car better, that's like saying that Rosberg had a different car to Schumacher during his comeback or that Hamilton had a different car to Kovalainen back in McLaren.

I still don't understand peoples hate towards Bahrain, last year it provided probably the 3rd best race of that year, 2012 provided a good race maybe not as good as Abu Dhabi, COTA & Brazil were that year and this year it produced a classic,
I hope people still don't see this as a boring track three good races in a row now, not even the last 3 Spa races have been anything above average and that is regarded as everyone's favorite (mine included)

Last edited:
Bahrain is very artificial in it's nature. I like to drive on it on pretty much any open wheel. Take GT cars on it and it's crappiest of crap, one of the worst tracks; it's designed for and only for F1. It does provide excellent racing, pretty much consistently now that it is in the amongst the first races. It would be boring as hell if it was the last race.

There are three tracks that are pretty much carbon copies of each other, Sepang, Bahrain and Shanghai (main straight to hairpin right to easier left to straight to hairpin to esses to hairpin to straight to esses to straight to 90 deg to straight.). Each of them is very nice on formula cars and just horrbile with anything else. I don't even like shanghai on any vehicle, track that it designed around chinese letters, F1 exclusive. It barely works with F1, anything slower and it's borefest, frustrating with it's Mickey Mouse loops.. It's the worst track in calendar, by far.

Not to mention that human rights situation in Bahrain is dismal, no one should really support those kind of actions... But then we should skip Shotsi... Abu Dhabi.. Austin.. probably Shanghai too.

Deleted a lenghty reply because I think in the end we won't agree and it'll just lead to even more arguing about "facts" that none of us can prove.
Can we at least agree that the GP was far more entertaining to watch than it has been in quite a while? :)

I won't argue because i find very funny that people are disrespecting his 4 WD titles and me myself not worthy to question him or Alonso or anyone else. It has to be just an opinion of mine, that he is better than the rest. For me, he won how he won, also i was witnessing how the others won and i can conclude for myself, not for everyone so everyone to agree. For me, all of them got the title in the best car and everyone who won the title had some advantage over the other in the team, yet no one had the problems Vettel had with Webber and he got what he deserved i believe.
Massa is on purpose moved back few places so Alonso would start higher up to take the title and yet Vettel is the black sheep. Massa moves aside while Webber crashes Vettel yet Vettel is again the black sheep, etc and etc. It's getting old :/

Lets agree to disagree and everyone would be happy :D

PS. As for the race itself, for me it was great, i mean there was fighting for places but it was not great in terms what happened with Vettel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back