2014 Division Structure

Not sure I understand what you mean with the car part. Sprint races are run in GP2 with cars that have no DRS and durable tires, so even less overtaking. With FISI car, DRS + fragile tires, the sprint race rule actually makes much more sense than in GP2, as there will be both overtaking and the tire element even in a 30% race.

Also I'm not following why a 75% race would be that much more exciting than 60%, it's a difference of around 7 laps. We have tires that do not last for much longer than 10 laps on tracks like Sepang. There will be different pit stop strategies regardless of whether it's 60% or 75%.

If I'd want to sign up to a GP2 league I would do that. I am here to run a F1 car and a sprint race in a F1 car makes no sense. I am pretty sure you wouldn't sign up to a league which runs 30% races with F1 cars neither and many of other drivers too. Don't really want to sound harsh or anything here but doing it just for the sake of copying a GP2 class it still makes no sense with this car. I at least am not interested in running the 30% race.
I'll probably do the 60% but just leave for the 30% race.

Maybe with 60% you will see different strategies on few tracks but not as much as with 75% for sure. I guess that will get clear in Bahrain anyways.
With 75% it's pretty clear that we would have more options on strategies.

If I'd want to sign up to a GP2 league I would do that. I am here to run a F1 car and a sprint race in a F1 car makes no sense. I am pretty sure you wouldn't sign up to a league which runs 30% races with F1 cars neither and many of other drivers too.

As part of working my way up to WC, I would for sure agree to drive anything in a lower series first, just like in real life with GP2 and F1. FSR runs one 100% race with F1 car. It's up to the driver to make their way up to WC to get this experience. We have left this exclusive for WC intentionally instead of having two WC mirror races.

As part of working my way up to WC, I would for sure agree to drive anything in a lower series first, just like in real life with GP2 and F1. FSR runs one 100% race with F1 car. It's up to the driver to make their way up to WC to get this experience. We have left this exclusive for WC intentionally instead of having two WC mirror races.

TBH I'd rather drive something that makes sense than just "anything".
I wasn't talking about 100%, never mentioned it. 100% is a whole different scenario to 75% just as 75% are to 60%. Not to mentions the driving quality in WC compared to ACE.

I do understand that you do not want the same scenario as in WC but it just isn't for the reasons above mentioned. A sprint race isn't that exciting to watch at in those cars either.
At least not as exciting as a longer race with different pit stop and tire strategies.

However the strategy part still stands as mentioned in the post above and would make the race just more attractive as exciting from the drivers POV. Worth a minute of thoughts IMO.

Cheers.

question. I have a question regarding license payments for drivers. This was one of my biggest headaches last year as I had drivers join then quit several times throughout the season last year. Has there been any thought to just having driver's license payment tied to the team rather than tied to the individual drivers? For instance, can a team that buys 2 full season driver's licenses regardless of driver changes within that team?

I personally think the new structures are great. Good job guys. I think the idea of sprint and feature races is good and provides a good definition between the top division and the divisions below it. I think it should give good racing too. And as David said if people cause accidents they will soon find themselves banned from races if they are not careful so the penalties should deter them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back