Resource icon

Steering Wheels 2014 "Closer" Steering Wheels All 11 Teams (HD) 3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Salut Gilles submitted a new resource: FINAL Version (3.0) includes ALL 11 teams. READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY (INSTRUCTIONS.RTF or INSTRUCTIONS.TXT files PROVIDED in the download). 2014-"closer" Williams wheel not doable and could look buggy (latest NVIDIA-driver "issues"??). IT'S A COMPLEX mod: Don't use if you can't read English or don't know how Windows Explorer works.

2014-"Closer" Steering Wheels All 11 Teams (HD ONLY) - FOR FICTIONAL 2014-Season mods

Warning: Works for HD steering wheels only (4096 x 4096).
IMPORTANT: Each one of this mod's 2014-closer TEAM-CAR's f12013 folder contains it's own related modded f12013\simplefonts folder. Be aware that copying the files inside any of these simplefonts folders will also change the dashboard display of many Classic-mode 80-90's cars, so make sure to backup all the files that are presently inside that folder b4...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
AWESOME, wonderful detail...well thought of
Thank You
:thumbsup: :)

Thanks! It's just intended to give ourselves a little more fun to play with 2014-modded seasons setups, while waiting for the official release of the next F1-game product in the hopes we will get a very-well-or-even-better managed Standard & OLED displays for each related teams by then. Enjoy these small changes in the meantime. :)

quality as usual. thanks Gilles.:cool:

Thanks! And I must say I think 90% of the quality belongs to @chargingcar, for his original work on his 2013 HD wheels, and the remaining credit belongs to both @auroboros for his artwork and testing help (I would have missed a few KERS labels without him pointing them to me) and @lyolik 's artwork on his standard 7|11-segments fonts for LEDs and goodies (15x1 in this case, his 3x5 tach mask can also be imported and saved using the PSSG Editor though, if prefered: A link to Ryder's tool is given at the Overview tab).

I just wanted to bring everything under some kind of "central" or easier-to-use location, while updating the labels and buttons closer to 2014. There's been big changes introduced between Interlagos 2013 and Melbourne 2014, as everybody knows. :)

Mind blowing, mind blowing everywhere :p :D
Nice job, Salut

Thanks! Salut ! :)

And remember, guys:

Teams with standard PCU-6D & 7|11-segment LEDs are:
Catherham + Fc India + Lotus + Marussia + Red Bull + Williams

Teams with the new PCU-8D & OLEDs are:
Ferrari + McLaren + Mercedes + Sauber + Toro Rosso

After you've copied a TEAM CAR with OLEDs, If you never change the simplefonts folder, all cars will display OLEDs in the color combination of that simplefonts folder
The choice is up to you, but for closer-2-reality driving, you now know
what 2 do​

What an amazing pleasure to drive now. the immersion is mind blowing mate, also thanks to chargingcar for the original HD work as well...you guys continue to give me a reason to smile every single day. Outstanding.:p:D

What an amazing pleasure to drive now. the immersion is mind blowing mate, also thanks to chargingcar for the original HD work as well...you guys continue to give me a reason to smile every single day. Outstanding.:p:D

Wow! Thanks! :thumbsup:

I am back at actually working on the teams with PCU-8Ds & OLEDs (Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Sauber, and Toro Rosso) as I'm trying to improve their graphics a little bit. :unsure:
(in the works)
f1_2013_2014_04_20_16_47_57_633.jpg f1_2013_2014_04_20_16_48_08_024.jpg f1_2013_2014_04_20_16_48_27_258.jpg f1_2013_2014_04_20_16_51_52_100.jpg (puncture!:p)
Toro Rosso, in particular, could sport a big change, however, as I will try to use the Force India wheel to make it look more "closer" to 2014 and not just a fantasy 'snowman' grfx. ;)

All coming up b4 the Spanish Grand Prix! Watch that thread, guys! :ninja:

Last edited:
Awesome as always man! the Williams steering wheel this year looks a lot like the Red Bull in the game, just a small suggestion.

Anyway, thanks for the message, since I intend - and started - to make one update for this package to be ready sometimes b4 the Spanish Grand Prix. Not much changes, just for some wheels, of which Williams may be included now.

Thanks!

Awesome as always man! the Williams steering wheel this year looks a lot like the Red Bull in the game, just a small suggestion.

I have just tested the same method I used with the Toro Rosso wheel, which was to copy the Lotus interiors files to tr2 and just renaming them from lr2 to tr2, but for some reasons unknown to me, copying the rb2 files and renaming them to wi2 does not give Williams any dashboard meshes nor any texturing (?) to display gears, speeds, penalties et al.
f1_2013_2014_05_04_14_34_41_836.jpg

So, if I can't fix that problem, then there is no point of continuing to work on modding that wheel. Besides, if some members want to drive without a dashboard, only using the REVs OSD to get these important informations while driving, I just gave them the method on how to do it on their own installation (very easy to do). They then could use a free version of Paint.NET to paint the wheel closer to a Williams wheel than a Red Bull wheel.

I will not do it here because I feel it's not worth the effort if there is no dashboard to display in the Williams, though. Better wait five months, more or less, for the official F1 2014 release.

Salut Gilles updated 2014 "Closer" Steering Wheels All 11 Teams (HD) with a new update entry:

Fix for Missing RF button on the Bottom-Left Side of the Ferrari Wheel (Apologies)

Note: Works for HD steering wheels only (4096 x 4096).

Update for Ferrari based on the most recent proprietary video posted on the F1 official site, at:
http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2014/0/1180.html

View attachment 55319 View attachment 55320
(A fully realistic copy is impossible to make in this 2013-season game. We shall wait about 5 months to see how the devs will design the new OLED wheels, but I won't hold my breath...)

Update for McLaren just added a small grey rectangle under the OLED display (not much more can be done, absent a video or clear pictures).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Gonna try it.

Hi! I forgot to say that, I have placed the Black Gears & Red Speed Digits into the Ferrari Update's simplefonts folder, but if members don't like that color combination and would prefer the All White Digits (like in the screenshot), just copying the simplefonts folder from either the McLaren Update, or the Toro Rosso's Fictional Black Stallion, folder will change the Black & Red colors to All White (for all cars), until another simplefonts folder will be copied to the f12013 folder later on.

I know it could be a bit confusing for members new to the game, but there is no other way around it for this 'experimental' mod, which was caused by all the technical changes that happened to some of the the wheels this season.

Salut Gilles updated 2014 "Closer" Steering Wheels All 11 Teams (HD) with a new update entry:

Ferrari Update (Small Fixes)

Works for HD steering wheel only (4096 x 4096).

FINAL update for Ferrari:
- Shrinked the size of center knob a tiny bit
- Fixed the two animated knobs (Fuel mix & Tyre type)
- Fixed the K1 and P labels on their respective buttons

IMPORTANT:
This mod's Ferrari Update's f12013 folder contains it's own modded f12013\simplefonts folder (ALL WHITE digits this time). Copying the 4 files...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%
  • < 5 years