2013 V8 Supercars

The Merc's exhaust note sounds similar to what they did with the DTM's V8 engine sound a few years back. They added something or other that gave it a sharper, more V10-like sound. (my technical descriptions have come on in leaps and bounds) Here's a demonstration:

It sounds completely different to the audi's sound from back then.

Not a fan of the Merc sound i'm afraid, and the incar says everything I think about sequential boxes in this series.

Thanks to the posters of the audio and vids btw, Nissan looks and sounds great :)

I was trackside today and it was an excellent race - in fact all the classes from the Porsche Cup to the GT3 series (the Merc SLS GT3 sound sensational) were all entertaining.

Well with Adelaide and the non-championship round at Albert Park out of the way, the next round of the season is going to Symmons Plains. But after that, the championship is crossing the pond to New Zealand.

Pukekohe Park Raceway is returning to the V8 calendar, and Jamie Whincup has spent some time over there previewing the changes to the circuit. A new chicane on the back straight is the biggest change to the track itself, but there has also been a massive facilities upgrade and new kerbs, as well as a complete resurfacing of the track.

Check it out here: http://bcove.me/ng691von

Is there any race reruns as with work commitments I can't watch in the early hours in the uk?
Can't watch on youtube anymore v8s have blocked people that were putting full races on there. I am a huge fan that now can't watch it and its a real shame it's a great series and I just want to be able to watch full races again

I caught the last few laps after our RD FTruck race this morning.
But we Aussies get a full TV replay this afternoon. :)

Great looking track in Texas, wish we could build something like that here instead of just converting street circuits. :(

You guys have the Mount Panorama which is world class circuit in any standards. :)

Yes that is true Jari, Bathurst is one of the world's greats.

However, even Mt Panorama is actually a public road which is closed for specific motor races a few times a year. Much like the Nurburgring.
My disappointment is that many of the permanent racetracks in Australia are being closed (or are already destroyed, eg. Oran Park) and any new Racing events are being held on temporarily closed street circuits eg. Sydney. Australia hasn't built a new, modern permanent racetrack in decades. Even the existing ones struggle to be maintained to acceptable standards and are then threatened with closure eg. Barbagallo.

It's just a depressing trend in Aussie motor racing in my view. However, as you know, I'm old fashioned. :whistling:

Oh, it's Texas already... I still haven't finished Pukekohe, let alone Barbagallo, whoops.

EDIT: LOL, and just saw a posted article with a title that spoiled the Austin results already :D. Luckily my memory is so bad, that I'll probably forget about it by the time I see the race :p

Slightly off-topic, but Scotland has a population of just over 5 million and has only one permanent race circuit suitable for cars! New Zealand has a smaller population and has something like 8 permanent facilities and 4 street tracks! Australia has more than four times the population of both countires and has 16 permanent circuits and 6 street circuits. (including mt panorama) So i'm incredibly jealous! For the size of their population Australia & New Zeland have a huge amount of race tracks, but of course when it takes 8 hours to drive between Melbourne & Adelaide (they don't look too far apart on google maps!) you can kind of understand why there should be a lot of cicrcuits to service such a large country. (and a population that loves motorsport)

I'm hoping to visit in a couple of years, Philip Island & Bathurst V8 rounds would be amazing!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%