Resource icon

Tracks 2013 Tracks New Lighting 5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
auroboros submitted a new resource:

2013 Tracks - New Lighting (no injections) - Edited the game's original post processing, a blend of the 1992 and original filters.

This is a 50/50 blend of the 1992 filter and the original 2013 tracks' filter. No injections here, I've simply edited the game's post processing file for each track. This will not effect your frame rate like injectors do.

I find the blend of the 1992 filter has removed the horrible bloom effect.

Read more about this resource...

Feedback welcome!

Last edited:
Discussion.jpg

I like it.

Would prefer SweetFX or soemthing, but i cant record with these mods. With this mod its a better lightning and i can record :)

Need to try it online, but i think it will work fine

Auroboros here is a little tip for you:

The game renders default colors like this:

affozt.jpg

As you can see they are too warm.

A simple auto color in photoshop CS6 renders the scene in a far more realistic way:

dczyix.jpg

So I believe the only thing the default graphics need is a temperature change.

@gold33,
thanks for the suggestion, I did try doing just that but my photoshop always auto corrected the colour darker, I liked the 92 filter so much I decided to implement that instead. Do you have any photoshop settings I should try?

@gold33,
thanks for the suggestion, I did try doing just that but my photoshop always auto corrected the colour darker, I liked the 92 filter so much I decided to implement that instead. Do you have any photoshop settings I should try?

The problem is that filters usually add a color cast. (some mods here are like cartoons, overexposed, etc. and people think it's realistic.)

Basically all I did was the auto color option in Photoshop CS6, it should not make anything darker.

If you want to do it manually, basically the ONLY problem is that the game set the color temperature too warm, like a Michael Bay film, everything is too yellow. Just daylight balance the color temperature and it will look realistic (5500 Kelvin).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%