2013 Testing Master Thread

I hate winter testing. I know the times have pretty much no meaning (especially at the first test) but it's still not a good feeling when Massa is 1.5s off the pace and calls 1:18.8s from Button an "incredible time".

/E: Ah, come on. :D

I hate winter testing. I know the times have pretty much no meaning (especially at the first test) but it's still not a good feeling when Massa is 1.5s off the pace and calls 1:18.8s from Button an "incredible time".

/E: Ah, come on. :D
I had a look on youtube and it was clear there was some sort of failure. A massive plume of white smoke before the crash.

So many people on the BBC are cursing Hamilton for being over-zealous. Shocking.

Day 3 testing times:
thursdaytesttimes.jpg

216734_215855176.jpg

Not a great start for De La Rosa, Ferrai think a oil leak is too blame. Team is taking a look and say it will take awhile to get the car back on track.

Marshals are filling it up with some extra kurbing they have, some sugested quick dry cement. Anywhos the teams get an extra 30minutes of testing. Testing to finish now at 1630GMT.

Either it needs some resurfacing or we could just use some circuits up north, I've seen a few people mention ones with FIA standards. Although it'll be even more cool up there.

Either it needs some resurfacing or we could just use some circuits up north, I've seen a few people mention ones with FIA standards. Although it'll be even more cool up there.

Jerez is already borderline in heat this time of the year (for tyre testing).

Maybe they should think about Kyalami, it was a F1 track, and the weather conditions should be perfect. Or Abu Dhabi.

Other options I though of and I discarded for diverse reasons:
Bahrein - political and security nighmare, terribly dirty track
Monzoon area (Asia) - weather
South America - logistic

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%