2013 RD MINI Challenge

Discussion in 'RD MINI Challenge by Extreme Simracing' started by Bram Hengeveld, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xavier de Carvalho

Xavier de Carvalho

Ratings:
    +794
    Any of the staff members know when S8 will be? June-ish?

• Love Love x 1
  2. Dan Allinson

Dan Allinson

Ratings:
    +195
    It would be nice to see S8 but TBH there isn't a great deal of support in the club events. Why would staff bother if it doesn't look like they would get the numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Xavier de Carvalho

Xavier de Carvalho

Ratings:
    +794
    True, but also bare in mind people aren't always available to race on weekdays. Whenever a league is announced there's usually a great deal of interest :)

4. Dan Allinson

Dan Allinson

Ratings:
    +195
    We normaly get 2 or 3 sign ups in the week. I know not everyone is around but surely there are more than 3 people. I can pretty much guarantee that if S8 was run during the week you would suddenly see everyone appear.

I think sometimes people miss how useful club events are. They really bring driving skills on racing in a fun, non pressured environment. Then when everyone turns up to leagues you have the knowledge of how people race from the club events which means you don't see people flying off the track though mistakes or contact. I find it funny sometimes watching people hotlaping constantly and then when it comes to race they have no idea what the car does on full tank, worn tyres or if there's another car taking there fast line away. Club events provide that offtime from leagues to learn how to be quick on 1 lap and then quick over 30,40,50 minutes.

I've had my most enjoyable moments racing in RD's club events. It's not all about points :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Xavier de Carvalho

Xavier de Carvalho

Ratings:
    +794
    That's true, I try and do the club events when I can. I've always had fun in the RD club races. It is true though that you learn the necessary skills and you learn about your fellow competitors driving styles. It does help you to not get caught out when you race in the leagues. On other leagues there are always guys who can do insane one lap wonder times but when it comes to the race they're so inconsistent and also sometimes dangerous because they haven't had enough practice driving with other people.

6. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,385
    So, to quite around here, some news? For gsc13 maybe

7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,950
    There is mini racing every week in the club action alternating Monday and Wednesday.
    At present i have no plans to run a league. I personally don't have enough spare time to plan or run one sorry.
    But we are looking into this situation. so never say never:)

8. Lucas Degen

Lucas Degen

Ratings:
    +45
    I miss racing in the Mini Challenge. What needs to be done to run this challenge again?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,325
    Well, I'm running the RDFVC now, I haven't decided even whether I'm going to do another league or not yet, and if I do not sure what vehicles it will use, but never say never, it might be the mini. Not sure. In the meantime, check out our club events, they are just as fun.

10. Lucas Degen

Lucas Degen

Ratings:
    +45
    Hi Andrew James, I will check out the club events.

11. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,523
    After how close and exciting the mini races were this week I second this, s8!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,325
    Just a small announcement, I am in the early stages of getting season 8 going... probably early next year; Jan or Feb. It's coming...

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.