2013 MotoGP Season

Should be a mental round at Jerez with 3 Spaniards in top form. Congrats to Marc Marquez - a huge talent that fills Stoners absence at HRC.

Should be a mental round at Jerez with 3 Spaniards in top form. Congrats to Marc Marquez - a huge talent that fills Stoners absence at HRC.

Absolutely, bet Danny is feeling a bit gutted that Stoners replacement is just as quick (hopefully not so whiney), it was definitely a Honda circuit with that 3/4 mile straight although Rossi gotta be wondering why he was so far off the back of Jorge. Lets see if he can make a difference at Jerez.

As I see it, Stoner had good reason to be a little whiney at times. I hope he returns to MotoGP in the near future as the grid needs as much talent as possible just like WSBK and F1 has.

A few more factory and non-factory machines capable of winning races would be great too as right now only Repsol Honda and the factory Yamaha's have a legit chance of winning races; the CRT teams might as well not bother because they are miles behind the leaders whilst the Tech 3 Yamaha bikes are many upgrades behind the factory boys whilst Ducati remains lost at sea without Stoner in the saddle.

I just posted the video because the overtakes were identical.
I know, that's why I clicked "Like", but was just saying that the build up to the Rossi/Gibernau collision was a lot more exciting, otherwise yeah for sure it was a proper last chance attack and he made it stick.
I hope he don't get a penalty for it as that would suck, they are paid to race & entertain and Marquez is doing a wonderful job of both.

I know, that's why I clicked "Like", but was just saying that the build up to the Rossi/Gibernau collision was a lot more exciting, otherwise yeah for sure it was a proper last chance attack and he made it stick.
I hope he don't get a penalty for it as that would suck, they are paid to race & entertain and Marquez is doing a wonderful job of both.
I agree. And now I spotted that Lorenzo was lucky that the gravel trap has been removed:confused:

Ive said it before & I'll say it again, dirty moves like that should have no place in top echelon motorsports....
He should have been disqualified just as Rossi should have been when he's done it!

Ive said it before & I'll say it again, dirty moves like that should have no place in top echelon motorsports....
He should have been disqualified just as Rossi should have been when he's done it!
If you are not going for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver - Ayrton Senna. That fits in this occasion.

Daryl Beatie (ex-500cc works rider) said it was nothing but a racing incident and it appears quite a number of current riders think the same thing: motomatters.com/news/2013/05/06/reaction_to_the_last_corner_incident_at_.html

In that case it just goes to show how modern racing has degenerated & how much money matters rather than skill.

If you are not going for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver - Ayrton Senna. That fits in this occasion.

No, if you need to ram someone there's no gap, especially if there is no way your line will get you around a corner without ramming.
If he had've been on a line that would've made it around the corner without ramming & then Lorenzo shut the door causing the 'incident' then I wouldn't have a problem with it.
The point of racing is to see who is fastest, not who can knock there way through to the front, otherwise racing wouldn't be called racing it'd be called dodgem cars or whatever....

Check the clip, if he hadn't of hit Lorenzo, or if Lorenzo had've seen him & nailed the brakes then he would have ended up in the gravel trap....
You can actually see he was on the wrong line for the corner & traveling too quick.
Not only that, he stood the bike up just as it was about to happen.
He intentionally hit him.
In other words, an illegal pass.
He should have received an instant black flag as it was dangerous & inappropriate.

The only thing left to discuss in my opinion is why he didn't get disqualified & what punishment, now the race has run, would be deemed an appropriate & fitting punishment.
I say ban him from a couple of races & take away any point he or his team received last night & make sure his team don't run a replacement rider in the mean time.

Im not a fan of Lorenzo's & never really liked him (dunno why, just haven't) but my hat goes off to him for only wagging a finger afterwards, I would have clocked the little twerp or broken a couple of his braking fingers....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 38.9%