2013 Mercedes AMG F1 W04

Going on from that, red flag out for Rosbergs Mercedes who seems to have smoke pouring out the rear. Thats the second red flag for day one I hear.

I'm no expert but I get the feeling that they perhaps didn't know how to get air to the rear without creating lift. They've developed solutions to one problem that created another problem for which they need another solution. I hope this is not a pattern in the W04 design.

perhaps Anderson was trying to say that adding the turning vanes would reduce the effect of the air getting to the rear, in which case it makes sense that he would be confused.

but i would assume that Merc would have weighed up the costs/benefits of this rear airflow. the cost is that it creates lift, but the extra benefit of the rear airflow probably outweighs the costs - especially with the turning vanes added which reduces the costs even more.

5110d6470448ce0cef800dad895a8c1b39f9948dbff3a.jpg

Merc about the Earlier Problem in the Morning:
The Part which requires modification is the wiring loom where the electrical fault originated this morning, after identifying the cause of the Problem, We will not be running again today whilst parts are modified ready for tomorrow

Merc about the Earlier Problem in the Morning:
The Part which requires modification is the wiring loom where the electrical fault originated this morning, after identifying the cause of the Problem, We will not be running again today whilst parts are modified ready for tomorrow

I'm not sure which is worse, the loom or a mechanical problem.

BCaYKZ_CEAEdZmo.jpg:large

@MercedesAMGF1 wrote:Lewis suffered a loss of rear brake pressure, the front brakes enabled him to slow the car but he couldn't avoid the barrier...
Front wing and suspension have had it after the impact with the wall.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%