2013 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Webber's got a 10place grid penalty at Korea for getting a lift with Alonso. Webber and Alonso got a reprimand for that and that's Webbers third reprimand meaning he gets an automatic penalty.

Winning.

1988 Constructors Champions McLaren Driver Champion Senna
15 races out of 16 won by the McLaren

1989 Constructors Champions McLaren Driver Champion Prost

1990 Constructors Champions McLaren Driver Champion Senna

1991 Constructors Champions McLaren Driver Champion Senna

McLaren glory years or boring to watch Formula 1?

Not boring because of a certain Mr Senna?

Senna liked more than Vettel?

My point was....the way a team and an individual is perceived by the public, has an affect on the opinion on how the sport is seen.

I still believe something has to be done regarding the sport as a whole, what and if anything can be done, I don't know.

On a side note.....will Codemasters be giving Vettel his own tier grouping in the database for performance and power in this years game? :p

1) I am not Vettel fan as a man but he is great driver. + I'm Ferrari fan.:cautious:
2) This race was driven perfectly by Alonso(my wish was Hulkenberg in Ferrari), Raikkonen and Vettel. That is maximum of their cars.:thumbsup: I liked this race, it was interesting.
3) Why Alonso didn't passed di Resta like Kimi did to Button? They both had advantage of new tyres.:thumbsdown:
4) 2.5sec in laptimes is = 2.2sec car + .3sec Seb;) He will get worse car once and he will show what most of us don't want to admit, that he is in line with JMF, AS, MS and other big boys.:thumbsup:
5) Penalties: Grosjean(Hungary):unsure:, Hulkenberg(Singapore):confused:: give place that you never lost, Webber(for that ride):notworthy: It's not boring because of Red Bull team, it's boring because of FIA and their understanding of racing.:thumbsdown:

Reactions: Dux
The 88' McLaren is a good example of the recent Red Bull form. McLaren had the best package, a strong car with the powerful Honda in the rear, a good team backing it up and two of the greatest drivers in public opinion. While other teams all underperformed.

Red Bull is no different, they have arguably one of the top four drivers around, an incredible design and technical team and race crew. While other teams are only underperforming and have themselves to blame.

I can t agree with people blaming S.V. and declearing he wouldn t win anything with "equal" cars (even Webber has a worst car??? ye sure..). He s a good driver, maybe one of the bests, time will tell it, chances are low to always sit in the best car, but the dominance of RB is very boring, i don t like to watch a race, when 1 car is like in a higher category.

This race wasn't boring only because Vettel won by a mile, although that plays cetainly a role. But take the last 10 laps away and there was nothing happening at all. Ricciardo's crash and 2 or 3 overtakes that's it.
I love the Singapore track layout and love the night race, but it just was boring as hell.

I can t agree with people blaming S.V. and declearing he wouldn t win anything with "equal" cars (even Webber has a worst car??? ye sure..). He s a good driver, maybe one of the bests, time will tell it, chances are low to always sit in the best car, but the dominance of RB is very boring, i don t like to watch a race, when 1 car is like in a higher category.
It's not that he wouldn't win anymore. For me his wins or more precisely those wins we saw today don't feel special because I am pretty certain that a driver like Alonso, Hamilton, Räikkönen could have easily done the same in that car. Yes, he didn't do any mistakes, but so did plenty others in the race.
Yes, he did show some quite impressive races, but I feel that most of the races he won wasn't due to his driving skills but because the car was a second faster than anybody.

I'd love to see the numbers on this 'one second faster' fact. I'm sure you've crunched the numbers for us.

Its a strong car, but hell if its that much faster Webber really has lost his touch if he can't be up the front. Excluding Webbers dreadful luck this season.

Fact is, Vettel is clearly one of the top 4 drivers on the grid and Red Bull have just put the best package together. Ferrari and McLaren have underperformed and have themselves to blame.

End of the day Vettel had to drive that car home, we all make it seem as if anyone of us could be in his seat, which is clearly not true.

Except he's shown on numerous occasions he can overtake, last year we saw this. And its not as if the majority of overtakes are DRS aided, which they are.

Vettel's only going to get better with age, he's become far more consistent since the 2011 season which he dominated but made some notable mistakes, 2012 was pretty faultless and this season he hasn't put a foot wrong.

If he was as mediocre as many want to believe he wouldn't be so consistent.

You honestly believe that Vettel's driving skills are the reason why he could be >2s faster this race than anybody else when he pushed?
Well if you wish for me to argue that then you'd have to back up this magical (now) >2seconds of pace.

Clearly the Red Bull is better, I'm not really arguing that fact, rather I'm arguing the notion of people randomly popping which ever number sound right idea, and Vettel's been spanking Mark consistently. But its as if many make him out to be some 3rd rate driver.

It'd be difficult to argue that Vettel isn't one of the top four drivers on the grid, right on par with Raikkonen, Alonso and Hamilton. And he's only getting better with age, his consistency and road to dominating races has improved largely over the seasons, he's no longer making mistakes that he'd made in 2010 or 2011 the season he really dominated.

Now if you want to see an open championship its up to their (Alonso, Raikkonen, Hamilton) respective teams to deliver.

Could this be Mark webber :O_o:
formula1-front-tires-fall-off.gif

I want to know how there able to turn off mark webbers water pump.

Yup Red Bull intentionally sabotage their own cars, especially when Webber is nowhere near Vettel.

Lotus also must of flicked a switch on Grosjeans car to sufficiently reduce engine air pressure to retire him.

I say only real companies that actually make cars can race in F1
No soft drink companies because at this rate coka cola or pepsi will be next,

What were Red Bull Racing before they were Red Bull Racing?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_Racing

Mercedes were Brawn were Honda were BAR, same team flying different colours.

Formula 1 has always been, more than anything else, an engineering exercise, an intellectual sport. The car makes more difference than anything else, the driver maybe 5-20% depending on the track and weather conditions. Anyone who wants a spec series can watch Indycar or GP2/3 or something. Besides maybe LMP's, F1 is the only thinking man's sport there is.

And Vettel was able to storm off today because he was in front in clear air, Webber was mired in traffic while the Ferrari's and Mercedes' were struggling with tyres.

EDIT: Also, if only car manufacturers were allowed to compete the sport would have been almost destroyed in 2008-09 with the loss of Honda, Toyota, BMW. Car manufacturers, more than energy drinks companies or banks, have their brand identity tied in with their on-track performance, and as such come and go on the whim of a marketing director. Proper racing teams like McLaren, Williams, and Ferrari are the true lynchpin of the sport, in it for the long haul.

Last edited:
Even with the safety car period, this turned out to be a race of boredom.

I just found myself not even paying attention to the race throughout most of it, it was just so boring.

If this carries on the way it's going, including into next year, there will not be anyone watching it, let alone be interested in attending any events.

I agree on up to a point, but does not everyone wants to see the best? It doesn't matter if he wins 3 years in a row, 2 of 3 titles he got he got in the most thrilling ends of F1 Season. Beating Alonso twice, by handful points. And in those times car its irrelevant, all that counts is your character you mentality and how you can cope with it.

@kelaroost
Anyone who thinks SV is 3 to 4 seconds a lap faster than everyone else because his supper human needs to look again and ask themselves would SV be doing the same thing if he was driving a lotus.

Well Vettel won with Toro Rosso, neither Alonso won with Minardi, nor Hamilton ever driven something other but Mclaren, neither Kimi won while he was at Sauber, and Button he is not important. And u question Vettels talent? He said id very fine, every good driver ends in good team, after all it wasnt Vettel who couldnt pass Petrov when it was about to be or not to be. And he kicked him again last year, it seems its not up to the car.

@Kevin Ascher said it very good! And all of that he mentioned, its the only reason whenever i see "it is about his car" i jump in to argue.

I put finger on my head and ask myself, "if i was watching F1 and thinking that engine was winning titles then why the hell i would watch it?!"
Fact is, i am watching because many legends were born and gave their lives in F1 for an F1 title for to be racing in the best teams there are possible, and because i belive that they will do everything in their power if not being in the best team, to prepare their team to be the best, to make them complete, to be the last part of the chain with which they will get titles. F1 like Schumacher said its not only about the talent, but much more than that. Its okay, Vettel will eventually drive Lotus, but it will be matter of years when he will win again. Because HE IS GOOD.

As he ( Kevin ) said, you are in position to argue about 3 time world f1 champion weather his titles were worthy or not. Well then i have something to add on that, his titles are more worthy than Hamilton, Button, Kimi Raikkonen for sure (cause it was a setup for all who dont know) and Alonso all-together. 2010 and 2012 was not won by the best car, because cars were more or less equal or different in different ways, both with their positives and negatives. 2010 RB had speed but Ferrari was consistent and stable good car without problems. 2012 Ferrari was now even more slower and RB was not fast as it was in 2010 but got its speed lately in the championship, and Vettel like all great drivers do, he used it to the maximum! For that to happen u dont have only the best car, but the very best driver ALSO.

The longest lap in F1 race is the last one! Why? Because when u r leading the race for a victory and the last lap comes, your heart is pumping three times more than the normal during the race. It was a case of ALL LAPS in ABU DHABI and BRAZIL both 2010 and 2012. And then it was not about their cars, but their dedication, their passion, it was who wanted more! And Vettel wanted more! And Alonso for sure did not, because he was fine to be arguing with Petrov afterwards about why Petrov didnt allowed him to pass. You dont become a Champion by drivers letting you go to win, you need to fight for it.

Vettel had THOUSANDS of problems during 2010. Now brakes tomorrow tires in one month the engine in half season it was the gear leaver then his amateur mistake (which can happen to anyone) in Spa...and he came in Abu Dhabi as third in the drivers standings to win the title. Pole- Fastest Lap - Victory for title. While Alonso what? He also did mistakes like an amateur, up to the Monaco GP when i myself was reading articles of how the tifosi were angry to him because he couldve had much more points than he had at the time :) and you say Vettel won the title because of his good car? There is too much to argue about, weather it was Alonso fault Vettel determination or cars influence, champion is who has the most points at the end, and we must stick to it. No matter what. Because everything else is just history...

Last edited:
You honestly believe that Vettel's driving skills are the reason why he could be >2s faster this race than anybody else when he pushed?

I personally dont think that his raw talent made he go 2s faster than anyone, he has also great car, but i do mean that he drove fantastic race anyhow and if not 2s he would have been at least 1s faster, thats already too much! 2s or 1s he is damn fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%