Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

2013 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

The bright lights of the Marina Bay circuit provide the welcome this week as F1 heads east for the Singapore Grand Prix, the 13th round of the 2013 FIA Formula One World Championship. After the high-speed demands of Monza, the streets of Singapore offer a very different challenge.

With 23 corners, unforgiving walls and a lap time longer than at any other current grand prix, Marina Bay demands ultimate concentration from drivers – but Singapore does everything it can to shake that...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

A little clarification on the difference between how long this GP is and Monaco, as IMO the article isn't very clear. Every GP on the F1 calendar covers 300km during a race, this is how the race length is decided. However Monaco only covers 260km, and so can be finished in the same time at a lower speed.

Red bull car is making f1 BORING !!
Car has so much extra rear grip compared to the other cars it makes it kind of boring when the winner is known before race starts,Its been this way for 3 years now

Red bull car is making f1 BORING !!
Car has so much extra rear grip compared to the other cars it makes it kind of boring when the winner is known before race starts,Its been this way for 3 years now
And how is that their fault? :)

Every team tries to build the best car possible - yet only RB seems to succeed? Unlikely..:)

Sans Vettel, it was good race. Sans Vettel it's been a good season, i just might start making my own championship table with RBR cars removed, just to see how exciting it could be (when they are this much better than anybody else, one has to think if on one inspection they find something funny..I thought that 2000-2004 and still think so.. bring me my tinfoilhat, FIA is reading me brain..)

The current safety car rule is idiotic. First i thought that they should let lapped cars overtake while they are still cleaning debris but on second thought.. no.. Marshalls safety needs to be #1 during safety car, there's a reason for that single line of cars (enough time to have people to get on track and off again..) But waiting three laps after track is ok is just way too long. All thou that time might've helped the two best drivers in the race, Kimi and Alonso on the podium, it still felt unnecessary long.

This has become monotonous. It has been for some time......but todays result just amplifies the gulf between one driver/team and the rest.

If this carries on the way it's going, including into next year, there will not be anyone watching it, let alone be interested in attending any events.

Without public interest, you will stuggle to intice sponsors to the sport, without sponsors you have very little money to develop the team and pay top class drivers, and without all this you'll eventually have no F1.

Nobodys fault.....but someone has to put some people with brainpower together to come up with some sort of solution for the sake of the sport.

It cannot continue as it is, it's making a mockery of the sport.

Reactions: Dux
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline