2013 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Button currently 4th fastest! That's impressive for the 2013 McLaren.

Hard to tell though if they are going for fast laps or just to measure degradation and race pace.

EDIT: here we go, fast times coming in the last 3 minutes of the session

malaysiap3.jpg

That was just smart driving from his end, he went to the pits, took new tires and then did his second lap when everyone else except for Raikkönnen staid out through out the entire qualify.

Massa did not do a single spin in the wets and out-qualified Alonso. He seems to be making a very good start of the season compare to last year.

I feel sorry for Massa, he looked like he already knew how it's gonna pan out tomorrow. I hope at the start there comes a car between them so Massa don't have to give his well warned position away. Really good to see him on the form again, the last two years have been painful to watch. BTW, it seemed like Massa put his market placement, his large watch, on before weigh-in.. That's about 100g extra weight, not that it actually matters, conditions were so tough that you could put 10kg extra weight and no difference in lap times.

To be honest, when I saw it was wet I was fully convinced that Vettel was going to take pole. The Red Bulls are always set up to have the most downforce and less speed on the straights which means that the car handles well in the wet. I'm not taking anything away from him, but this pole position means nothing. Massa and even Alonso will nail him into the first corner. I'm hoping for a dry start tomorrow with rain arriving sometime during the race. No wet start please! If the race starts under safety car then Vettel will probably waltz away in free air..

I feel sorry for Massa, he looked like he already knew how it's gonna pan out tomorrow. I hope at the start there comes a car between them so Massa don't have to give his well warned position away.
Why would he? There were no team orders at Melbourne, he actually got preferential treatment at the first round of pit stops and was allowed to hold up Alonso for quite some time. The reason Alonso eventually got by was because he himself (and not Ferrari) made the call to come in first for the second stop.

Also, does anyone know what happened to Webber?
Edit: Okay, I think he made the same mistake as the Mercedes - not pitting for a second set of intermediates.

Why would he? There were no team orders at Melbourne, he actually got preferential treatment at the first round of pit stops and was allowed to hold up Alonso for quite some time. The reason Alonso eventually got by was because he himself (and not Ferrari) made the call to come in first for the second stop.

Also, does anyone know what happened to Webber?
What do you mean what happened to webber?
5th mate and he didnt pit like much of the field

He didn't sound too pleased in the radio after the qualifying ended. "Unbelievable."

Well, the quali was interesting, good thing the rain wasn't too hard or Charlie would have stopped it. Red Bull has a fast car, but they don't seem to have better degradation than in Melbourne, so Vettel might be in trouble again.

I'm also hoping that Massa can get on the podium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back