2013 Formula One Chinese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good race from Alonso and really strong performance from Ferrari. Too bad Massa did not quiet so well, but still decent race from him especially at the start.
I wonder what Kimi could have done without the damaged front wing, but I guess Alonso was out of range.

Well, the DRS was way to powerful today. Other than that. It was great.

Now, I might fire some people up - but. Many on this forum (and on many other forums) are around my age - quite young. And mostly got into F1 in the end of the 90's as young kids, and remembers mostly from the mid 00's and onwards. Grown up with a style of F1 that is unusual from a historic viewpoint. F1 has never been about max attack all laps, while the equipment lasts anyway.
F1 have always been some sort of balancing act between tyres, fuel or equipment. Some seasons more in the direction of saving that others. It's just how the absolutely majority of F1 has been. The last years with the hugenormous budgets and then the equipment that lasts forever is actually the odd years out.

What about Massa performace finishing 40 secods behind Alonso. Will he say again he is a championship contender? Don´t you think guys he miss some consistency?

About guys using DRS when there was a yellow flag, investigations are going on now.

What about Massa performace finishing 40 secods behind Alonso. Will he say again he is a championship contender? Don´t you think guys he miss some consistency?

About guys using DRS when there was a yellow flag, investigations are going on now.

About 8 drivers could be penalised because of that, what could that do to the final results?

One of his stops was pretty slow, his early race was quite good however. Not really sure what happened after the half way mark of the race, live feed wasn't focusing on him at all by then.

Congratulations to Alonso, he deserved the race win!
My thoughs on race: Vettel took a wrong strategy, IMHO, if he pitted a lap before his 3rd pit stop, he would catch Hamilton and get a podium. Webber made a good race, before he hit Vergne, he deffinitely deserved that penalty. Raikkonen made an impresive race, considering the very bad start and the small collision with Perez. Hamilton has been pretty smart for using Pic in the last lap, without that maybe Vettel could get on the podium, a deserved one, in my opinion. Ferrari had a very good car, especially on the straights, with DRS they reached 323 kph, if I am not wrong.

I hope that Sebastian will win the next race, in Bahrain.

We all know that Massa is no Alonso and will probably be behind him at the end of the season, but so far I think Massa performs quiet well. I see no reason to start criticizing him again (and again).
It wasn't the best race from him, but until the first stop he was right on Fernando's gearbox. Then it somehow started to go wrong by pitting one lap later. I don't know if he was constantly in traffic or couldn't handle the medium tires that good (probably a little bit of both) but this year he has shown strong performance and was right with Fernando.
What do you expect to hear from him: "I am number two and don't want to win championships and races. I'm okay with P2."
It's good that his goal is the championship. He is still a racing driver and t shows his confidence to do better than last year. Wether he will achieve his goal is a different story.

Congratulations to Alonso, he deserved the race win!
My thoughs on race: Vettel took a wrong strategy, IMHO, if he pitted a lap before his 3rd pit stop, he would catch Hamilton and get a podium. Webber made a good race, before he hit Vergne, he deffinitely deserved that penalty. Raikkonen made an impresive race, considering the very bad start and the small collision with Perez. Hamilton has been pretty smart for using Pic in the last lap, without that maybe Vettel could get on the podium, a deserved one, in my opinion. Ferrari had a very good car, especially on the straights, with DRS they reached 323 kph, if I am not wrong.

I hope that Sebastian will win the next race, in Bahrain.
but if he stopped one lap earlier his options could have gone off

Metalfriky, I agree that it is good he wants to be a championship contender, but I say that he should try harder. At the end, if the season goes like the previous seasons, Ferrari will miss his points, Fernando will miss his help taking points from another champiosnhip contenders, and he will see himself out of Ferrari next season. I think he could be closer and score a podium even from time to time because he really can do it.

I don't think so. Considering that he still won about two seconds in the last lap, I think that they would last another one. The tires wouldn't work so well, but he would still able to pass Lewis.
You're probably right, but with the benefit of hindsight it's easy to say that now. There's no way the RB pit crew could have known that at the time.
Same thing goes for Vettel's overall strategy of not participating in Q3, by the way: If he hadn't gotten overtaken by and stuck behind Hülkenberg (and there was no way for RB to anticipate this), Vettel would have easily ended up in P2.

On a different note:
Button has been pretty impressive as of late, seems he's now doing Hamilton's old job of dragging the car up to where it doesn't belong. Unless that new sponsor which McLaren is supposed to reveal at the end of the year is Telmex, Perez really needs to watch it. Young drivers are allowed to make mistakes, but they can't afford to be slow.

I also continue being quite impressed by Bottas. A rookie who finishes ahead of a grand-prix winner in his first three races in F1 - that doesn't happen very often.

To be honest, I like the action on track but it was too much today. Meanwhile I really lost the overview, didn't know who actually was second, third and so on (just Alonso was clear). I was really busy too follow the different strategies and tires. Vettel said today, the tires sucks. I agree.

I don't understand why the FIA does not bring back refueling. They want to be environment friendly but is it really environment friendly to waste so many tires per race? I don't understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back