2013 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
any ideas why pirelli were sticking needles in worn tyres after practise yesterday?
Temp checks, measuring the carcass temp rather then surface temp.

also, do they use oil in tyres? seemed to be an oil like subtance seaping out of worn tyres
Yea the tires are pretty much made of oil but not sure if the oil you saw was from the tarmac or from the tire itself.

Yeah but then drivers would willingly drive over marbles and the likes as soon as they notice an issue. :\
True :(

One article that managed to raise my eyebrows quite a few times:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22231448
Bernie Ecclestone calls Bahrain government "stupid" to host GP

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone believes the Bahrain government were "stupid in a lot of ways" to host a Grand Prix, because of the opportunity it gives to political protestors.
Come again for me please? :confused:

True :(

One article that managed to raise my eyebrows quite a few times:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22231448

Come again for me please? :confused:
Some guy made a page on Facebook before sky got the rights... trying to make a petition so sky couldnt get the rights... he failed... but he actually posted this article about Bernie on the page... To which I agree with Bernie...

Copy n paste of our convo

Simon Bishop
Bernie never one to be shy from courting controversy is at it again. This time biting the hand that feeds him? There are few people who can say the things he does certainly especially infront of a Bahrainy Prince and get away with it. But he is MR Formula 1!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22231448

Bahrain GP 'stupid' - Ecclestone
www.bbc.co.uk
Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone believes the Bahrain government were "stupid in a lot of ways" for hosting a grand prix.

Like · · Unfollow Post · Share · about an hour ago
  • Seen by 5
  • Dan Hawkins Wouldn't say he said anything wrong tbh.... He told it how it is, and he is right.... They are stupid to host a GP with whats going on.... Fairplay Bernie.
    about an hour ago · Like
  • Dan Hawkins hes basically shifted the blame.... which he is entitled to do so.... After all, the government should of said "no we dont want a gp with all the trouble going on"
    So bernie is 100% right - to a tee!
    about an hour ago · Like
  • Simon Bishop I agree entirely with your comments and his plain speaking does let people know at least where he stands. He though as you say is shifting the blame from himself for staging it! I was actually in Bahrain yesterday for work, but saw no trouble. But there was a strong Police presence on the road to the circuit and airport..
    about an hour ago · Unlike · 1
  • Simon Bishop He has a couple of other F1 fixtures in future to squeeze in to the F1 schedule and he maybe making a excuses to cancel...So politics maybe coming in to play?
    about an hour ago · Like

Yes he did I believe mate, the last I heard he had pitted, then next thing I know - He was P4. Good drive from Massa :thumbsup:

It was genious thinking from Ferrari today, by sending out Massa on the hard tyres knowing that he would more than likely benefit from Hamilton's and Webber's penalties. Plus it gives information to Alonso on the pace of the hard tyres. And on top of that, he can give Alonso protection from behind at the start of the race.

Before the race in China, I predicted that Webber would crash with someone while moving up the field and also that Rosberg would retire. You have to believe me with that! ;) So here is another prediction for tomorrow. There will be a safety car in the opening laps. :)

Really looking forward to this race! Should be an interesting start with the long run to turn one.
I've just remembered my mums birthday meal is at 2pm :'(
So I'm going to watch the start - then disappear off here till I've watched the highlights lol.
Going to be a good GP - will be good to see how the reliability of some cars lasts in the blistering heat.
So was the man above your name ;)
Put those claws away pussy cat :p

Very unlikely Hamilton will win. Last week he had the pole but he didn't have the pace to stay ahead, and now that he's starting even further back because of his gearbox penalty it's even more unlikely. I'd say he'd be lucky to salvage a top 5 this weekend.
This is also very sadly true :(
I predicted 3rd, but I now know I'm in cuckoo land :(
Where will Raikkonen finish then? Im routing for Rosberg on this... After all it's Mercedes' first Back-To-Back Pole since the 1950's

It is quite remarkable that Mercedes has secured 50% of the poles so far this season.
You would think that after China their run would sort of end as we got to more standardized tracks.
Maybe this means Mercedes have pulled their fingers out and got a good car - so far- this year? Hopefully!

Yea seems to be probably the quickest car on low fuel in semi good conditions.
Mal and Aus was quite tricky but they still took 3rd and 4th there and in Mal was the best placed car that was not on new Inters.

I guess Barcelona will be the decider if they really are in the game or not.
It looks like the car has a lot of potential in terms of aero versus the ferrari and Red Bull who seem like they are already at the end of the line with only refinement left now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back