Team ORSM

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
RaceDepartment welcomes Team ORSM. Here you will find the new home of the team behind V8Factor, Bathurst and other productions!

Have fun!

hi all i have a query!!! would like to know how to make the headlights work like in the HRT car shot below.

the pirtek car is my unleashed car

Attachments

• GRAB_094.JPG
    GRAB_094.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 367
  • GRAB_097.JPG
    GRAB_097.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 350
HRT looks like static texture like from V8F 2006, V8FU uses shaders that work similar to that but are more dynamic with angle differences. If this is what you're onto about it looks like you miss out the shaders on the Ford. Either you miss the shaders files or it wasn't loaded properly.

Otherwise I could only think of the positioning to be the inner lights that you're onto about.

Great work everyone so where do we stand with 2004? is ORSM realeasing it or will it be another Community thing?
2004 was still using another diff ratio for bathurst, from 2005 onwards 3.15:1 was used, so I'm not sure what exactly was used in '04 it probably requires a different upgrades.ini anyway whether it was 3.25:1 or 3.20:1. If I'm not mistaken both '04 and '06 were essentially done or majority done so the community may help on the rest again just like '05. Devs decide anyway but having the swing now to fill the remaining years of unleashed would be the most logical if time permits of course.

Bacon or Doug will hopefully statement what's about to happen now and when.

I've a questions regarding some of the tech in the mod rather than asking for visual content. What were some of the notably differences in this years Ford engines.
I've seen the XT, which I think is that years destinctive name for DJR.
The WPS, are batched as it is and I'm not sure what differences are with them at all. I know they used Cosworths the following season but have no clue on what's the deal rather than the controversial non financial from Ford for WPS. Having seen the No Money from Ford and We Produce Safetycars and parts from the cars beeing auctioned.
Then there's the ever going difference between Prodrive and Ford Performance Racing prepped engines which I've no real idea what's behind it. My speculation is that Prodrive came from England and FPR from Australia but I'm not sure why the difference in the same team and notably No 5 getting the Prodrive and No 6 the FPR, Prodrive starting with just 1 car in 2005 and FPR with 3, then over the years things changed to 3 Prodrives and 1 FPR in 2010.
Another point on the Holdens, why weren't Tasman or Walkinshaw prepped cars dubbed with TM or WR respectively, they stayed HM. I'd think that Tasman majority work lied on the exhaust system so the engine remains more or less the same. WR beeing involved in development for next seasons HM anyway so they function as prototype team regarding engines that introduce useful parts for the following season for HM.

I've a questions regarding some of the tech in the mod rather than asking for visual content. What were some of the notably differences in this years Ford engines.
I've seen the XT, which I think is that years destinctive name for DJR.
The WPS, are batched as it is and I'm not sure what differences are with them at all. I know they used Cosworths the following season but have no clue on what's the deal rather than the controversial non financial from Ford for WPS. Having seen the No Money from Ford and We Produce Safetycars and parts from the cars beeing auctioned.
Then there's the ever going difference between Prodrive and Ford Performance Racing prepped engines which I've no real idea what's behind it. My speculation is that Prodrive came from England and FPR from Australia but I'm not sure why the difference in the same team and notably No 5 getting the Prodrive and No 6 the FPR, Prodrive starting with just 1 car in 2005 and FPR with 3, then over the years things changed to 3 Prodrives and 1 FPR in 2010.
Another point on the Holdens, why weren't Tasman or Walkinshaw prepped cars dubbed with TM or WR respectively, they stayed HM. I'd think that Tasman majority work lied on the exhaust system so the engine remains more or less the same. WR beeing involved in development for next seasons HM anyway so they function as prototype team regarding engines that introduce useful parts for the following season for HM.

Geez Mav looking into it a little too much me thinks, and unfortunately totally inaccurate with the assumptions.

To deal with the real racing questions..

FPR as a team was FPR. They were owned by Prodrive, not 2 different arms, one being Prodrive and the other FPR. The early teething issues they had can be explained by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Performance_Racing
Craig Gore (WPS owner) took no money from Ford, so his engine development (still the same motor as FPR though) was apparently outsourced to Cosworth, with little success.

DJR (again same engine) had a different engine development program.

Add to this, Larkham Orrcon Racing had issues with getting their cars to handle due to the BA chassis and was off the pace not solely because of their engine development, but because they couldn't get turn in. I can remember a few races where they actually had a negative rake on the car so the rear suspension was lower than the front in an effort to try and get the car to handle.

As for the mod. The car (both Holden and Ford) performance is fixed between brands and teams. It does not correlate to differences in performance based on any information contained within the VEH files (which populate rFactor car selection screens). The team information is simply updated to allow for the new driver names and numbers for the cars. No purposeful changes were made to the other information to match as frankly no one ever took any notice anyway.

Hope this makes sense.

Bacon

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%