2013 Driver Changes - Early Predictions?

Not looking promising for Kobayashi in 2013, which is a shame.

Absolutely guttered by the fact Kamui will most likely be forced out of a drive, c'mon Japan, throw some sponsorship money in for him!

Updated to include Pic's move to Caterham and Gutierrez's confirmation at Sauber.

Paves the way for Max Chiton to buy his seat at Marussia.
Who will disappear from Caterham? Heikki or Petrov?

Only a few seats left now. Who will end up at Force India?

Updated to include Pic's move to Caterham and Gutierrez's confirmation at Sauber.

Paves the way for Max Chiton to buy his seat at Marussia.
Who will disappear from Caterham? Heikki or Petrov?

Only a few seats left now. Who will end up at Force India?
I wonder if Heikki could be on the move to Force India and they keep Petrov or get a completely new driver line up. Going to be weird if I don't see Kobi their though!

Also think Grosjean will stay at Lotus, especially if he has a clean race, think they'd give him at least 1 more year.

Force India seems to be interested in Sutil again. He ran with Di Resta and was the quicker guy in Paul´s rookie year so that is a safe bet i guess.

Malliya is a very smart person, doesn´t pick an Indian driver just because, but rather looks for the best talent he can find regardless of nationality.

Bottas has been tipped as quite the competitive driver. He's won the GP3 series and the Formula Reno 2.0 series.

But Senna did have quite the issue with having to let Bottas take the first practice session for most of the season, which is a disadvantage. But giving Bottas such time indicates Williams really think they've got something.

Bottas has been tipped as quite the competitive driver. He's won the GP3 series and the Formula Reno 2.0 series.

But Senna did have quite the issue with having to let Bottas take the first practice session for most of the season, which is a disadvantage. But giving Bottas such time indicates Williams really think they've got something.

Bah, they always think they've got the next something. They would do well to improve their car first, and then worry about the drivers. Even the very best drivers need good machinery under them, and I just don't see that in the Williams.

Poor Senna. Bottas is going to have to do something very special indeed, or that's a pointless replacement. Anyone get the feeling money is involved again? :(
Bah, they always think they've got the next something. They would do well to improve their car first, and then worry about the drivers. Even the very best drivers need good machinery under them, and I just don't see that in the Williams.
First: yes, there is money involved, but it's not coming from Bottas. He's got close to nothing, whereas Senna is bringing in quite a lot, so you can hardly accuse Williams of choosing money over talent here. Bottas has proven at the Young Driver Test last year as well as the FP1 sessions this year that he's extremely capable, whereas Senna has been completely overshadowed by Maldonado who still has wasted at least as many points as he as gathered.
On your second point: The car was great this year, they'd be a lot higher up in the WCC if their drivers weren't such morons.
Seems to me like you've got it all backwards :confused:

First: yes, there is money involved, but it's not coming from Bottas. He's got close to nothing, whereas Senna is bringing in quite a lot, so you can hardly accuse Williams of choosing money over talent here. Bottas has proven at the Young Driver Test last year as well as the FP1 sessions this year that he's extremely capable, whereas Senna has been completely overshadowed by Maldonado who still has wasted at least as many points as he as gathered.
On your second point: The car was great this year, they'd be a lot higher up in the WCC if their drivers weren't such morons.
Seems to me like you've got it all backwards :confused:

If Bottas isn't supplying money, then I fail to see the attraction. Senna has not been overshadowed, and can at least keep his car on the track, and away from stupid accidents; Maldonardo would do well to take a page out of his book. Just because the latter won a single race, it does not make him a better driver.

Bottas is no more proven than any other young driver, and there is a lot of risk involved in taking him over someone with experience, risk which I doubt will be well rewarded for at least a year or two (if they even keep him that long).

As for the car, it was certainly better, but still left a lot of room for improvement. Certainly they cannot expect miracles from their drivers, not unless they do something amazing with it for 2013.

If Bottas isn't supplying money, then I fail to see the attraction. Senna has not been overshadowed, and can at least keep his car on the track, and away from stupid accidents; Maldonardo would do well to take a page out of his book. Just because the latter won a single race, it does not make him a better driver.

Bottas is no more proven than any other young driver, and there is a lot of risk involved in taking him over someone with experience, risk which I doubt will be well rewarded for at least a year or two (if they even keep him that long).

As for the car, it was certainly better, but still left a lot of room for improvement. Certainly they cannot expect miracles from their drivers, not unless they do something amazing with it for 2013.
:roflmao:

Honestly, is the Hungarian Grand Prix the only race you've watched this year?

I really like Senna, but he's just not cutting it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back