Released 2013 Aviva Kenosha Automatic

Big thanks to Cosmo for getting this car right.....

Power comes from a low-tech 8V 1.5L unit making about 95HP. It's sent through the front wheels via a four-speed automatic (shift curves, manual transmission coming soon). It's a small sedan meant for lower-cost markets, not unlike the VW Voyage and Dacia Logan. Front suspension is a macphearson strut setup, but thanks to Cosmo, he was able to get my solid rear axle to behave and handle correctly. The car is tuned more for comfort, and the simplistic suspension out back means it's not really a good handler, but it is soft and extremely predictable. Includes signals, mirrors and such. There's a couple wheel choices in there that you may manually input and look at if you'd like. :)

https://rapidshare.com/files/815726670/aviva_kenoshaautomatic.7z

kenno2.jpg

kenno1.jpg

Enjoy!

With every car that I have ever seen someone make, there was also a car that I could compare with it and say 'This looks similar to ect. ect.'

But this car however looks unique, totally new and different design. Very professionally built.

Well said aadilf1. Obviously it fits into a market and has competitors, but it does look very unique. I can't look at this and say, well you've obviously copied Ford here and Nissan here.

I am yet to drive it (haven't had much Racer time lately), but I downloaded it straight away ;)

Any comments?

I have to say I really like this car, it's funky looking but feels like something I could realistically see on the road. There are a few problems, I have no idea what 4-speed autos are like in real life but this feels to me like it holds 1st/2nd gear too long at about 70% throttle. It's not all that fast so you have to give it that much to get it accelerating at a decent rate. I'd say over 80% I'd expect it to hold the gears that long. I also think that it either takes too long to change down gears when you're off throttle, or changes up gears too early when you get on the throttle after. The shifts feel a bit too clunky for an auto, obviously they're not going to be sharp and direct but it doesn't feel smooth enough IMO.

The steering is great, the best steering I've felt in a while. It's a bit light at town speeds, which I'd expect, but when you pick up a bit of speed it has nice feedback and weight, but not too much. The handling is also very nice, it's a bit slushy at times and that's what I would have expected of it. The sounds are a little generic, but perfectly suited to a generic 4-cylinder anyway so it's good.

There's parts of the interior trim I think could be smoother. Texture wise the carpet needs a carpet texture, and the seats a fabric texture. Some buttons and details missing too. Exterior wise the lights seem to be 2d? Some 3d glass lenses would look good. Tyres need tread too by the looks of it and the wheel arches are see-through. There's also no exhaust. Oh, and the mirrors are flipped lol.

I was massively bored, in need of something productive to do. Hopefully you appreciate my comments ;) I really like this car though, feels real, which is the goal at the end of the day :)

Reactions: 2o6
Any comments?
After driving it a bit :
Realy, i don't realy like the automatic curves for racer, i prefer script ^^ (I mean i don't like the curve way, not just yours)
Exemple : At 50% of throttle i've 1=>2nd at ~3500rpm :/
For the interior display, with some nice front and long (Yes :D) work, i guess you coul'd do a lot better than this simple yellow display ;)
About the design, it's original, i won't see any problem to put it in real roads ;) . But the 3d model needs some normals optimisation and more details (3d lights etc). Same for interior, and put somes colors ;D
About the handling, i drove it a bit, and i realy like : just a safty car, good suspensions. I think the real car won't need a ESP :D
also i would like to see another another exterior speedo :p

You're in the right way, keep it up

Reactions: 2o6
Thanks guys. A lot of the model's lack of detail comes from the fact that I was unable to play RACER for close to a year, due to the fact that my computer couldn't run CG shaders. Because of this, these models (Pekoe and Kenosha) are literally coming on two years old. I apologize if they don't look the greatest....I'm trying to keep interest in them, but since they're so old, I tend to lose interest.

Thanks guys. A lot of the model's lack of detail comes from the fact that I was unable to play RACER for close to a year, due to the fact that my computer couldn't run CG shaders. Because of this, these models (Pekoe and Kenosha) are literally coming on two years old. I apologize if they don't look the greatest....I'm trying to keep interest in them, but since they're so old, I tend to lose interest.

Understandable, I'm just glad we have something nice and new to drive. :)

One thing that would improve the detail and looks would be to separate the door lines from the rest of the model, this will give you nice flat panels where they should be flat and smooth curves where it should be smooth.

Alex Forbin

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back