2012 World Touring Car Championship

2WD as the WTCC regulations don't allow 4WD. Unless they run out of competition, not sure if that is possible.

Now brakes my wooden shoe!
they never where able to compete with the privateers they didn't do as apromised by pulling out of the wtcc before.. their harmless and useless .. but atleast its another brand in the WTCC:eek:

Actually they did very well in their last season with Thompson and Van Lagen. But as Lada decided to spend their entire motorsport budget on sponsoring Petrov's F1 career they never returned to the series

Not really, James Thompson scored good points in Imola's both races in 2009 and Jaap van Lagen was almost going for a podium in a damaged car on Oschersleben that same year if he wasn't pushed off by that idiot Larini. They really were in a good flow that year but the project stopped suddenly.

At that time the Sunred team was still a full works team of Seat with the superior TDI engines and the Russian Bears were operating from an old farm in Holland with zero budget :D

Because they want to see where they stand with this car compared to other brands in the same class. Sounds very logical to me. Volvo did the same in their evaluation races a few years back.

Whats the use to enter a full season, spend 3 million euro per car per year and drive all the way at the back and loose face.

I wouldn't think they'd fail when I saw where Thompson could push the Lada the last time they were taking part.

Volvo should start fielding two cars, or they can continue playing half seriously for fun this year.

Volvo will most likely have 0 cars in WTCC 2012, Dahlgren has been signed to Polestar TTA team, together with 3 other quite good drivers from sweden. I don't see it as a big chance to see a Volvo in WTCC for some time.

So much has changed since the last time they have participated. Back then the Lada Priora was a S2000 spec car while in the current WTCC the teams can only have 1.6 turbo engines.

The Volvo sounded BOSS compared to the others, what a shame the series seems to go backwards rather than forwards.

Lol that means Lada would own everyone if they could use their old car?:D

Love it that Lada are coming back (most aerodynamic brick in motorsprots :p) but their car just does not look right, looks a bit small.

Still hope to see them around the midfield with james thompson at the wheel, that was a very good combination when lada were last in WTCC.

2012_photo_001.jpg

The new WTCC Ford Focus successfully enjoyed its first shakedown at Ford’s technical centre at Dunton, Essex in the UK, just before the Christmas break.

The racing car, based on the Global Ford Focus which took two victories in the 2011 British Touring Car Championship, was built by Team Aon that after clinching the BTCC Independent Teams’ and Drivers’ titles are now facing exciting new challenges in 2012.

With the first shakedown completed in full WTCC specs, with the 1.6L turbo engine and Yokohama tyres, the Ford Focus is now ready to go through additional tests in the wind tunnel, while work will also be completed on revised suspension components, ahead of an FIA technical inspection later this month. Negotiations with drivers for the 2012 season are also well underway with the team hoping to make announcements in the near future.
The Team Aon car will next hit the track at the end of January with further tests in the UK, before an extensive test programme in Spain in early February.

Source

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing