2012 Williams FW34

rear end is soo cool :) i´m still amazed at the space between the airbox and rear wing.
The livery also helps out since it goes from one side to the other :)

pic,
d12aus11.jpg

Notice the levitating Monkey Seat :) awesome!!

yea they sure do, i wonder what you can do in that area.

Sometimes i wish FIA would have a computer program of a 3d model F1 car with yellow boxes around the car so you can see where you can modify stuff and where you can´t.

FW34 was going really well today until the last half of the last lap when Pastor binned it and threw away 8 points, 3 more than they scored in 19 races last season, I could have cried, I wish I wouldnt get so bloody emotionaly involved but I cant help it, I just hope the team has a good Malaysian GP next week and scores a handfull of points and then everyone can get it out of their system, the potential of the car bodes well for the season though.

Very well engineered, this season might turn the team around and be pointing in the right direction by the end of it :) Hoping for good results for Williams!

Don't want to be a pessimist, be we'll see if the car really isn't still a dog in Malaysia. Last year, it seemed the aero package was the biggest problem with the FW33 and Melbourne is not a circuit that relies heavily on aero, unlike Malaysia. Remember, last year Barrichello was running in the points too, before he smashed into Rosberg, if I remember correctly.

Yea atleast he manages to get through T1 without incidents :)
One might wonder what's better: to collide with someone in T1, drive most of the race without any problems, but collide with Massa and retire a while later, or to avoid everyone in T1 but collide with Grosjean at the end of the lap, then do most of the race problem-free and slip on the grass at the end of the race while chasing Alonso, spin out and crash... :p
Ultimately Maldonado was classified higher, but it's not like he did SO much better, than Senna.

One might wonder what's better: to collide with someone in T1, drive most of the race without any problems, but collide with Massa and retire a while later, or to avoid everyone in T1 but collide with Grosjean at the end of the lap, then do most of the race problem-free and slip on the grass at the end of the race while chasing Alonso, spin out and crash... :p
Ultimately Maldonado was classified higher, but it's not like he did SO much better, than Senna.

0,7 seconds clear in Qualifying, chased down Ferrari's, and showed massive potential.

The other? not so much :)
So if we look at the performance of both, Maldo did a 100 times better this race.
He just hit the curb and made a mistake.
Touching people during overtakes is fairly normal, Kobayashi at Suzuka for example.
Alonso on Hamilton at Malaysia blowing his front wing etc.
Hamilton/Massa 5 times etc etc.

I agree that Maldonado did better than senna for the weekend.

but turn 1 seemed sort of unavoidable with out backing out a lot, and something could have been damaged which effected his race pace.

Hope he does better next week though.

Here are some news from Williams
Source: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2012/4/13201.html
Susie Wolff joins Williams as development driver
Williams have signed Susie Wolff (nee Stoddart) as a development driver. As well as sampling the team’s FW34, Wolff will attend several 2012 Grands Prix while also contesting her seventh season of DTM.

“Susie is a talented, successful and highly professional racing driver who competes in one of the world’s most fiercely-contested racing series,” explained team principal Frank Williams. “Susie will join Williams as a development driver, in which capacity she will assist us with the development of our simulator and other technical challenges.

“Susie will also undertake some aerodynamic testing of the FW34 and a full track test in the coming months. Susie will also attend a number of races with us. I should add that, as Susie is married to Toto Wolff, a Director of Williams, her appointment was carefully considered and then approved by the Board, with Toto recusing himself from the process.”

Born in Scotland, Wolff began karting as a young girl before moving into single-seaters in 2011 with a drive in the Formula Renault series. Twice nominated for the prestigious Young Driver of the Year Award, she also enjoyed a spell in the British Formula Three championship before joining Germany's DTM touring car series in 2006.

“I would like to thank Sir Frank for giving me this opportunity both on and off the track,” she explained. “I must also thank Mercedes Benz AMG and HWA for supporting me to take up this new experience with Williams. Formula One is the ultimate challenge for any racing driver and it offers me the chance both to apply and to improve the skills I have developed racing in DTM.

“In return I shall be offering some of my own technical insight and experience - coming from a different discipline - and helping the team engage with its partners. I hope also to demonstrate that women can play a role at the highest levels of motorsport and I shall be working closely with the team on its social responsibility programme in the areas of education and road safety.”

Bernie Ecclestone, CEO of the Formula One group, added: “If Susie is as quick in a car as she looks good out of a car then she will be a massive asset to any team and on top of that she is very intelligent. I am really looking forward to having her in Formula One.”

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 256 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.8%