2012 TTA Season

i think TTA will be more popular this year, but next season some drivers will probably move back to STCC, so TTA will have problems lasting. They need to find a way to make for better racing then they had a Karlskoga if they wanna survive... as Eric said it might just have been cause it was the first race. but i guess we are about to find out
Linus :)

Todays race at Anderstorp was a bit more gun at Karlskoga, but I still wished there was more action. Göransson drove from 11th to 5th or 6th, and Ekblom overtook polesitter Dahlgren for the win.

Hope they get it up and action-packed in Gothenburg, where I will be seeing them live :D Can't waaaaait!

After this crash i think the safety of these cars should be called into question, the way it has folded up on impact with the concrete wall in my opinion is unacceptable. Reminds me of the brazillian sillouhettes that are renowned for being unsafe in hard crashes. Another thing thats worrying is that Johansson shrugs it off saying ""I mean, just look at the pictures from the crash, it was a big one and Alx was able to walk away with just some broken ribs. The safety level of the TTA cars is on the very top of what we have got today,"

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=8122

It just makes me think that if they were to have a side on impact then the driver wouldnt stand a chance. If this had been an S2000 or even NGTC spec touring car then it wouldnt have had this much damage

Don't overestimate the safety of S2000 cars. I remember a couple of injuries in WTCC in recent years, including Franz Engstler after his crash with Andre Couto in Macau or the big crash at Porto a few years back.
The thing is that you can't judge something like this on the visible dammage. Actually the more the car is destroyed the more energy is converted into a less dangerous form. However when the structure is of the safety cell is harmed, it is dangerous.
Again it is very difficult to tell from pictures if a car is safe or not. I remember Kathrine Legge's crash in Elkhart Lake, which looked brutal and fatal to be honest, but the safety structure worked the way it was supposed to work. Remember Robert Kubica's crash at Isle de Notre Dame again, everything worked the way it was supposed to work.

Also when you talk about the Brazilian Stock Cars one has to keep in mind that the recent two fatalities (the two at Interlagos) could have been avoided if the rescue personal was trained propperly as the drivers had a real chance to survive it if they were treated correctly.

I witnessed this live and I can tell you, he was lucky to get away with a few broken ribs. We were really worried when we sat there in the grandstands and just hoped he was okey. Drivers actually stopped on the track to help out. And the information in the article isn't accurate either, he went sideways into a big bundle of tyres that prevented the drivers from cutting the corner. That bundle was waaaay up in the air, probably 7-8 meters and landed probably 50-60 meter further back aswell. Then he went backwards into the concrete wall which caused the rear to get demolished.

Took some pictures of a certain car i found randomly at work :)

Looks much more aggressive and wider in the flesh. the only dissapointing thing was the exhaust tips, two small circular exits at the back but other then that, it looks insane.

Love the rear suspension layout!

TTA and STCC will merge for 2013!

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=8326

The Scandinavian Touring Car Championship and TTA Racing Elite League will unite next year after operating as two separate championships in the 2012 season. The championship will continue under the name STCC, but adopt the technical regulations of the breakaway TTA series.

[...]

After a season which has damaged what was perhaps one of the most competitive national touring car championships in the world just one year prior in 2011, the two series have decided to put their differences aside and merge for the 2013 motorsport season.

The championship's official title will be STCC - Elitserien I Racing, and the regulations used will be that which the TTA introduced this year, silhouette chassis built by Solution F with 3.5 litre V6 engines, which will eventually be phased across to the World engine formula of 1.6 turbocharged units as used in the FIA WTCC and World Rally Championship.

Really, silhouette cars with the 1.6l engine, which in theory should be able to be used in WTCC and WRC. Which means... that the STCC cars (uhm, TTA.. uhm, Solution F) cannot be sold elsewhere... and it gets slower than this year.

WTF.

Good and bad imo.

Good is that we have our own series similar to DTM, one step higher then STCC cars.
Bad thing is our tracks are optimal for STCC cars, aside from England we probably have the best touring car tracks in the world that fit that style of car.

I think if more teams join in and some bigger racetracks i think it can work.

I think we definitely need one or two big tracks to bring some international series to Sweden.
For example they are thinking about building a track in Stockholm for the future series Formula E (running electric engines) and maybe STCC but I don't think it will ever happen.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.9%