2012 Sauber C31

the nose isn't that much lower this year, its just the top of the front that is. Really if you want to lower the nose you have to change the dependence on the way the air flows to the underside of the car.

What is now the real reason that we have those noses now?
Sometimes i think they just making rules just to make rules. Every year there are some changes and its always the same who can best adapt to it wins the championship. F1 will really benefit for ones if the rules dont change every year.

What is now the real reason that we have those noses now?
Sometimes i think they just making rules just to make rules. Every year there are some changes and its always the same who can best adapt to it wins the championship. F1 will really benefit for ones if the rules dont change every year.

This rule change was for safety purposes. Ugly or not, its a good idea.

Yeah i just read that. But the height wasnt a issue last year as it didnt exceed the cockpit height. Why not stay with that height this season also and declare that as the maximum height. Why now lower it again.

sauber-c31-02.png

sauber-c31-03.jpg

sauber-c31-04.jpg_

sauber-c31-05.jpg_

sauber-c31-01.jpg

Ah, ok, I think we have other understandings about a "duck nose" :)
For me, these 2012 cars have duck noses.

You mean from 2014 the cars must have these low noses like they had in the 90s? Something like this?
Jean_Alesi_Ferrari_1995.jpg

If yes, I did not know that but that's cool :)

All of this "it's so ugly" talk is driving me nuts. If you want to look at a "beautiful" F1 car then look at all of them before someone had the idea to put wings on the cars. Every car designed after they put wings on it has been primarily about aero performance. None of the engineers (NONE OF THEM) really care what the car looks like aesthetically, only that it GOES FASTER. To me, these strange aero ideas are actually quite interesting.

We are not here to see a beauty pageant, we are here to see cars go fast and race each other.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%