2012 Red Bull RB8

For this race on Sunday it looks to be Heading in a wet direction, may just see another Red Flag :confused: hope not but i for sure would like to see how the RB car behaves on the wet with this many holes.

My imagination is running wild :geek: man Oh man:)

Okay, so they've got the undercut back and now it wont interfere with the downwash from the exhaust any more. But where does it lead to? Holes in the floor are illegal...
Undercut is a different thing but to answer your question i think the hole sits between the rear wheels.
They have another intake further in as you can see as well.

with this setup wouldn't they lose top speed? i believe that RBR purpose is to have fast corner entrance and exits speed. That's what it looks like to me
Why would they lose top speed? I think you are right about the other stuff, not sure it will work this year though.

Here somewhere they are exiting the exhausts.

Red-Bull-GP-Spanien-10-Mai-2012-19-fotoshowImageNew-ae24a3b4-593926.jpg

@Hampus Andersson

Why would they lose top speed? I think you are right about the other stuff, not sure it will work this year though.

In terms of having those holes in the floor of the car i presume that they are to increase rear downforce for the purpose. Just throwing this out there but wouldn't increasing downforce sacrifice performance in another area, mostly in achieving top-end speed faster due to drag.:unsure:

But then again fastest cars's on the straights doesn't mean fastest on the overall lap times, well give time and place

Maybe i have nothing there but that is just my thoughts on what i suspect:rolleyes:

We don´t know, could be both, reduce drag and increase downforce, they are not linear.

Yea more downforce equals longer time to reach top speed. But you get out the last corner faster then anyone else so you have a shorter distance to top speed compared to someone else.

Presumably they've had the illegal floor all season. I've got nothing against Red Bull, but why are they allowed to keep their points? If the FIA wants to be this way then anyone can build an illegal car, as long as they change it when the FIA tells them to.

Presumably they've had the illegal floor all season. I've got nothing against Red Bull, but why are they allowed to keep their points? If the FIA wants to be this way then anyone can build an illegal car, as long as they change it when the FIA tells them to.
The RB car was at no point illegal. The rule had diffrent interpretations which are now clarified.

No, it was since Spain or Monaco. However the FIA originally said it was legal but after appeals from other teams, it was deemed illegal./quote]Wrong. They ask Charlie Whiting if it's ok with the rules. Charlie said, that in his opinion it is ok.
However if it comes to a protest (or a demand of clarification like here) his first opinion is not worht much. It is down to him and other people to look at the diffrent interpretations of the teams and to specifiy which is legal and which not.

In 2009 we had a similar story with the double diffusor. Charlie said in winter to Brawn that it is ok with the rules. However the other teams had diffrent opinions and protest against the race result (which now no one did). Afterwards the double diffusor was specifed as legal by a comitee or something similar.

It´s never really been legal. That´s why it´s illegal right now.

Funny how they can ran a car with an illegal specification, win races and they are still good.
Run without a legal rear wing in Australia - DSQ
Run out of fuel after Qualifying - DSQ
Run with illegal parts - No problems...

Some consistency would be nice.

It´s never really been legal. That´s why it´s illegal right now.

Funny how they can ran a car with an illegal specification, win races and they are still good.
Run without a legal rear wing in Australia - DSQ
Run out of fuel after Qualifying - DSQ
Run with illegal parts - No problems...

Some consistency would be nice.
i think its funny that they passed it in scrutineering. Isnt that the point of scrutineering to check if the car is legal... /safe. :O_o:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back