2012 Pagani Zonda R Evolution

Cars 2012 Pagani Zonda R Evolution v2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
So, the same approach was taken to open up the game as S2U, meaning the boot files were dummied out (other BFF files copied/renamed as BOOTFLOW, PHYSICSBOOTFLOW, and PHYSICSPERSISTENT), BFF files unpacked/renamed and placed into proper folders.

The big concern with applying this mod is that there is no guarantee that the tyre HDT.bin file names are correctly named. There is nothing in the coded HDT.bin files that gives a clue to a proper filename. As an example, one HDT.bin is named "0000a000.hdt" when PHYSICSBOOTFLOW is unpacked and opening with a hex editor gives no Ascii filename within the code. Opening the file named 0002e000.xml (which is tyreshd.xml) gives you a list of HDT filenames, but again no way to link with all of the unpacked alpha-numeric HDT filenames.

So, unless the modder has insider info as to how those unpacked HDT.bin files are to be named, he just guessed (to be able to release his mod). If the modder just took a guess at the file names, the original cars could be using the wrong unpacked HDT.bin file when the mod is applied. There are also some other physics related files which would require a guess as to the filename (some could be sorted out by decoding, while others cannot).

The next issue is that all of the physics files are now coded. So, wading through all of the code for the addresses to setup default mass, inertia, friction, spring, bump, rebound, suspension geometry, gearbox, engines, etc, becomes a real chore. Most modders will simply copy the physics files of the original cars and change little or nothing, which doesn't make for a quality addon car.

So, I recommend using caution when using this mod. Because I suspect that guesswork was involved in naming some of the physics files. Meaning, the physics of original cars can be impacted if the unpacked physics files are assigned the wrong file names.

On top of that, many modders fail to include all of the LOD models. They simply use the high poly model for all LOD levels, which is an FPS killer with a full field of similar cars.

To really have a quality car, tools would be needed to create/edit all physics files to make it less of a chore to setup the default physics of a car. Also, there are probably parameters added/removed in various physics files (compared to what existed in S2U).

Whenever SMS patches the game and revises either BOOTFLOW, PHYSICSBOOTFLOW, or PHYSICSPERSISTENT, one would have to unpack the BFF(s) and go through the process of renaming files and tossing them into the correct folders. So, it's probably best to wait until they stop patching the game to start modding it.

My 2 cents.

This mod worked 100% for me. No problems at all. Followed the instructions in the readme-file. Great mod and mod work. Keep it up and I cant wait to get more mods for this game :)

Hmm, still doesent work for me :(. Allways the same error when i start a race. Unhandled exception trapped exception access. When i disable the mod, the game works fine.

does anyone know how to explain to me in a private message to the steps to import the car?
As said by RickyBobby I understand, but I have problems with the 3D model.
Opening it with 3DSimED3 some models do not have material and if the check and save it, I do not accept them, why?
In the showroom a few things (no liveries) I see no other

Thanks for this Autoprophet a VERY welcome mod your work is MUCH appreciated is there anyway you can make a tut on how to do this for the rest of us modders ? it would be a great gift ...like teaching a man to fish rather that just making him a fish dinner :D

As for the haters well ... look around the site at all the mods here do you think ANYBODY has permission to do what we do ? SMS has said that they will not stop modding of this game they do not condone it but will not stop it...if you dont like it don't download it...but don't come here crying about it nobody cares to here your hating opinions why are you not complaining about ALL the AC mods here do you think all those have permission from the manufacturers of the cars PLEASE be real...if you don't like it don't use it but don't sit here and WAAAA cry about it stick to your stock game OH and don't bother dling any skins for anything because in your eyes as you see it none of those guys have permission from any of the teams to make those skins...so you should delete all your skins and anything you have that was done by a private party...because of permission issues any skin that was done by a modder and have REAL logos is a copyright infringement NOBODY has permission for anything get real man and take your crying opinions to another site or keep it to yourself nobody wants to hear your crying...if not for modders all racing games...all games for that matter would die off VERY quick look at gtr2 lives to this day thanks to 1000's of awesome mods...same for rF modders made shift 2 a better game and shift 1...SO tired of listening to the haters if you paid for the game that you should be able to do what you want with it...SMS used plenty of modders opinions to makew this game by the way lets not forget that either ...so its a two way street ...every game gets modded that's the way it is stop crying :cry:
nobody is forcing it down your throat just ignore all the fun awesome mods and play your stock game...in fact don't bother coming to sites like this...why are you here anyway if it makes you SO upset ? need a few cool skins do ya :roflmao: don't bother its against your self imposed copyright guilt ...play you8r game the way it came and leave us modders to have all the fun :cool:

when i installed your mod (1.1) it was working but now (1.4) it doesn't work and it also messed up my game, i can't load cars and i can't see track list, with a unhandled exeption trapped every time
oh i got project cars 2.0 before and nowdays

How export the 3d models?
How repack them?
How is the file dependences?

I made some mods for RF2, i would like to make them for pCars.

I don't see any graves and why the desire and spite to just want to piss someone off? Me I am a little more optimistic then that and think there are more chances to learn from the works of additional people with different perspective. I only care about for what's good for the game, the developer, the community, and the industry and I have seen many great works from the modding community with little damage to DLC sales.

Did the mod author obtain permission from Pagani and SMS for this mod? If not, why is RaceDepartment supporting the violation of copyright laws?
News flash: all mods recreate and use real world brands and assets, so in theory all mods are illegal if, in the case of cars, they use for example a real badge.
According to your logic, all mods should be eradicated from the internet and RD should close aswell as it's hosting tons upon tons of mods that recreate real life cars and tracks. Just because it's a pCARS mod, it doesn't make the game special or better than others. Why don't you say that also for each and every single other mod hosted here or anywhere else on the internet?

Anyway, kudos to the author of this, what you accomplished is amazing. I saw and commented on your original post on NoGrip and it was very sad to see it censored and deleted in less than 24h because NoGrip is on SMS payroll.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back