2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

Geezzzz! That's right...no, we're talking the same here, big mix up on my part. :rolleyes::redface:

You're right, Dale is 2nd overall behind Biffle. I was thinking of somebody else.

Hmm...Logano and Menard should not be discounted just yet.

Just noticed no one mentioned Kahne. He said yesterday:
I feel a lot better about it this time but we need to perform and do a good job Saturday night. I'd like to get in the top 10. If we run really well and have a shot at winning the race and Tony [Stewart] has a bad race that gives us a shot. It'll be interesting how it all works out but I feel confident in how we run at Richmond.

Nascar.com has it:
• A Richmond victory clinches a wild card. If Tony Stewart stays in the top 10, Kahne automatically clinches. If Stewart falls out of the top 10, Kahne will clinch a spot if a one-win driver outside the top 10 does not win. If Kyle Busch supplants Stewart in the top 10, and Jeff Gordon wins, Kahne clinches a spot by finishing 13th or better, 14th with at least one lap led, or 15th with the most laps led. Kahne has one Richmond victory and a Driver Rating of 86.6 (12th best). He was fifth in April.

Really good chances.

Operation Rainfall unfolding...:unsure:

--

Track has dried, start is nearing.

Just now an interesting discussion by the panel of commentators about racing etiquette, respect - started by the interview to Newman (well said by him). Minutes earlier, they showed Logano at Pocono doing what he knows very well: bump the guy in front out of contention. Lets hope this race is a good one.

Wow! What a great race! Was on the edge on my seat seeing Gordon move up the field on that last run. Really surprised that Kyle Busch had such a bad night, this is usually one of his better tracks which was why I was certain Gordon would have to win.

The thing about Kyle is that when he has a good car he usually dominates the race, but when he doesn't he's running the worst he possibly can. He can never seem to string together a couple of top 5/10's in a row.

The Chase seed is set for 2012.
The next 10 races I feel will be filled with the needed drama.
The Chase seed is the following:
1. Hamlin 2012 (4 wins)
2. Johnson 2009 (3 wins)
3. Stewart 2009 (3 wins)
4. Keselowski 2009 (3 wins)
5. Biffle 2006 (2 wins)
6. Bowyer 2006 (2 wins)
7. Earnhardt 2003 (1 win)
8. Kenseth 2003 (1 win)
9. Harvick 2000 (0 win)
10. Truex Jr. 2000 (0 win)
11. Kahne 2000 (2 wins, wild card)
12. Gordon 2000 (1 win, wild card)

The questions are:
Will Jimmie go for it's 6th tittle or will any of these other drivers have something to say this time?
Will Stewart make it 2 in a row or will it be Darian Grubb 2 in a row as crew chief for Hamlin?

And who will go to the final chase race in Homestead Miami? :)

There's a schedule on the nascar.com website, I can't remember if they provide the times of the race, but they'll provide the day and what track... I'm currently at school so I can't check the website for you :p

First Chase race has been completed and what an interesting finish of it.
8 of the first 10 positions were taken by a Chase driver.

I still have no idea who will win it, but it will be a very tight race to the final race in Homestead-Miami.

I think 1 driver that will have the most difficult time to get back in the picture is Jeff Gordon.

The difference in succes must be that the level of drivers in a domestic American truck series is a bit lower than in Formula 1 :) And when you have Junior in your name you must do great in oval racing :)

Lol at that "High Side" part in the video. Impressive run by Nelsinho.

HIGH Side :)

yeah I do agree about that. Even though last year he was bad in the trucks by always getting a bit on the bad side. This year he has improved a lot with the right equipment of course ;)

Personally I think he will have more success in the coming years in all NASCAR levels. Especially considering that he has begun at the bottom of the steps

He was not fined for tweeting in the race. That's just an official reason for fining him. Brad Kaselowski has been tweeting all season long from his car, and US Media actually has used the one or the other tweet during their broadcasts. It is more likely NASCAR didn't like what he said in the media center which apperantly was legal what so ever. NASCAR is known to usually fine silently, if it was not directly press conference/interview or racing related, but as Brad is such a social media guy, they were in need to give an official reason.
Anyways, from next week's season finale on, NASCAR bans iPhones from the cars (which should have never been given an ok due to rule 20-6.7A)

So. After... Las Vegas early in the year I think it was. Mobile phones in the car was banned. Because it was proved that smartphones could carry Traction Control and other electronic aids.

I seem to remember NASCAR banning it after Daytona 500

So. After... Las Vegas early in the year I think it was. Mobile phones in the car was banned. Because it was proved that smartphones could carry Traction Control and other electronic aids.

I seem to remember NASCAR banning it after Daytona 500

Are you serious about the TC? How in the world would that work from a phone? Suppose we sent a man to the moon with a computer less powerful than my phone :)

I don't know much about NASCAR as we don't really get coverage on it but it seems to be a very close, bumper to bumper, type of racing. Where the heck does he get time to tweet lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back