2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

Yesterday was the first day of NASCAR Preseason Thunder, which saw cars going up to 210mph in draft. The fastest that is has ever been in a long long time.
Reason for this? Increase of hp (27hp) due to changes in the carburetor to let more air in. And if not mistaken a lower rear wing.
Day 2 saw less speed, but still 200+.
I guess Daytona will be something else to see in February ;)

Yesterday was the first day of NASCAR Preseason Thunder, which saw cars going up to 210mph in draft. The fastest that is has ever been in a long long time.
Reason for this? Increase of hp (27hp) due to changes in the carburetor to let more air in. And if not mistaken a lower rear wing.
Day 2 saw less speed, but still 200+.
I guess Daytona will be something else to see in February ;)

The stated combination above, along with the body shape of the current cars also helps - last year they were peaking at 200 before some tweaks to the plate brought them down.. this year there has been a change to the intake, moving it up higher on the bumper as well. The races next month will be interesting to see if the 2 car draft used last year is back or gone (which is what they were trying for).
Being a die-hard NASCAR fan (and F1 fan as well) this time of year always gets me amped up for the coming season.. so much testing, so many new car/driver combos to be proven.. looks like a great year is building!

Allmendinger wins a race.

Cousin Carl (Edwards) wins his first (and only) Cup.

Mostly usual suspects in the chase (Steward, Gordon, Johnson, Edwards, Biffle, Schrub etc.)
Dark horses may include:
JPM
Marcos Ambrose
Kasey Kahne (now with Hendrick)
Allmendinger (now with Penske)

Simple Answer is Yes, this is the internet, anything is possible believe me, Nasa got Hacked, 1 person nicked over 500 Thousand Credentials of people, and much more, you just have to look in the right place, i'll give you a hint: Google.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back