2012 IndyCar Series

buddy put yourself in his shoes...he still wants to race, and really if you have been to the top of the racing world like he has, coaching young up and comers just wont do it for you

Is that a bash on ovals? Cause IndyCar only has 4 ovals in the 2012 schedule (which is a massive step backwards tbh)

Rubens has driven at the pinnacle of motorsport since he was a very young boy. He has driven for the team every driver in F1 aspires to drive for. Do I want to see him in some lesser spec series...absolutely not. I'd rather see him retire or do something else with a bit more prestige. IndyCar is a joke. It's a 'shadow' of what CART was.

Rubens has driven at the pinnacle of motorsport since he was a very young boy. He has driven for the team every driver in F1 aspires to drive for. Do I want to see him in some lesser spec series...absolutely not. I'd rather see him retire or do something else with a bit more prestige. IndyCar is a joke. It's a 'shadow' of what CART was.

Well, I would normally agree with you, but IndyCar has to start somewhere in order to reclaim the old CART status right? I wouldn't think that IndyCar would never get out of it's stupid Tony George IRL days as, with the exception of that Las Vegas race, they've been making the right choices so far under Bernard

After all, multiple body and engine manufacturers in 2013 means it's heading in the right direction and I would personally embrace that as I would love to see a revival of CART even if it's in the form of the formerly George's IRL

Rubens enjoyed his test:
http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-izod-indycar-series/51120-barrichello-evaluates-car-future/

He didn't, which appeared to be a relief after almost six hours hours of track time and 150 miles. He exited the car with a large grin and promptly gave Vasser and Kanaan high-fives.
"I feel like a kid," Barrichello said. "I had a really good and productive day with all the set-up options we tried. You could call me a rookie, even though I have 33 years on this job."
What began as a pick-me-up message from Kanaan two weeks ago -- after Barrichello learned that he was being replaced at Williams F1 by Bruno Senna -- has developed into serious consideration about him joining the IZOD IndyCar Series for the 2012 season that kicks off March 25 with the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
"If you go purely from joy, it wouldn't be a problem," Barrichello said. "I have still so much passion for the speed and I'm quite young in my mind and I believe I'm getting better and better. Right now, I'm truly happy and I like what I saw. I've been a fan of the Indy series for a long time. It's a great atmosphere and great racing.
"I just need to see what comes up. I need to talk to my family, I need to talk to Jimmy. I like it."

RUB2.jpg

Indycar’s boss has admitted he would “love” longest-serving F1 veteran Rubens Barrichello to switch codes for 2012.
Having lost his race seat after a record-setting 19 consecutive seasons, the 39-year-old Brazilian is this week testing the 2012 Indycar in Florida, with his close friend and KV team driver Tony Kanaan also in action.

Barrichello has previously ruled out racing on dangerous American ovals, citing a promise to his wife Silvana, but now he is not ruling out the switch.

“By the time he gets out of the car he’ll have a pretty good idea what he wants to do,” countryman Kanaan said.
“Right now, we don’t have anyone signed for the other two cars. You can tell by his face he’s having a lot of fun.”
Indycar chief executive Randy Bernard is hopeful Barrichello will make the decision to race in 2012.

“He’s a champion, a driver who would be a tremendous addition to a series,” he is quoted by the Associated Press. “Indycar would love to have him.”

Bernard is quoted by racintoday.com: “If there is a transition, I want him to know that

source

Okay...I take it all back.
By all accounts, he seems to be actually enjoying himself.
I'm now convinced that he didn't make the 'jump' out of desperation.
On another note: I really like the look of that new design.
Anything that improves driver safety without impeeding the racing, gets my vote.

Anything that improves driver safety without impeeding the racing, gets my vote.

Yeah, reports are that the DW12 is actually faster and much better on the road courses. The old Dallara was just a horrid pig. We'll see at St. Pete tho. I hope IndyCar gets better but right now they have all the variables in place to make for a better era of AOW racing

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back