2012 Formula One United States Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be sensible if they were running on a track with a large banked corner, but they are not.
If tyre deg were to be really high on softs, it might have proved to bit a bit of a problem.

So going with the hardest is covering their backs.

I'm not sure how Pirelli test, but I thought they would be allowed to test their different compounds thoroughly on any new track (time permitting).

Looks the same to me like the last few races. Vettel has the car underneath him and Alonso lacks a weapon to fight him.
Exactly... but still a free practice to go and qualy. Alosno seemed quite happy yesterday with the new pieces Ferrari implemented, and Massa was the fastest guy on hard tires, so I see some hopes still.

Nice stream - http://stream.speedtv.com/mercedes
Lotus looks pretty bad, Kimi missing a lot of apexes, car have no balance, top speed is pretty bad, car overall looks very stiff
Mecr looks well-planted, conservative tyre choice really suited them, Rosberg looks very comfortable
Button downshifting twice (!!!) in T5, cars frontend is too stiff imo
Alonso is doing very strange thing in couple of laps - going flat in first few corners and then backing out. Car looks too soft imo
Massa deploying DRS in T16-T18 few times to cope with understeer
Maldonado goes P3 despite hairy moment in T17-T19, car is a rocket in middle sector

I was watching the onboards of Hamilton and Vettel, and Vettel is on the throttle so much earlier in the slower corners, especially turn 11, where he is on the throttle before hitting the apex as opposed to Hamilton who gets on the throttle after the apex.

I was watching the onboards of Hamilton and Vettel, and Vettel is on the throttle so much earlier in the slower corners, especially turn 11, where he is on the throttle before hitting the apex as opposed to Hamilton who gets on the throttle after the apex.
If you see the RB8s updates of the F1 website, they are running a similar exhaust thingy as they did in 2011, is not 100% EBD but close enough to meet regulations, thats why he has so much grip, even on this glassy track.

However, in CHina the track temp was cold, this is Literally much colder, I suggest they move the Race date for 2012 a month earlier when is just about gettin cold and still warm enough to reach temps as close as Valencia in the middle of Summer.

Pirelli wanting to be conservative? I say bringing Supersofts an Softs would of been a better choice, especially with the lack of grip as a brand new track. I mean its logical isnt? without being "safe"

how was that a hate attack LOL?!

it really is Vettel, he fancies being top on FPs doesnt he? hahahahaha

Where do you come up with this crap? Where is your evidence? or is this just something you invent in your head and post it on the internet claiming it is "Fact". You are so full of it. There is something called the official Formula One website where checking the results for every race, every qualifying session and every practice session is easy to do.

http://www.formula1.com/results/

In 2011 when Red Bull was the dominant car, Vettel did not top the time sheets in any one of the practice session any more than Webber, Alonso, Hamilton and Button. Mark Webber actually topped the time sheet more than anyone in all the practice sessions and Alonso was not far behind the Aussie. If Vettel did do a little better in any of his practice sessions (even though it was evenly distributed among the top drivers), it was in P3 when the teams are trying to finalize their setups in preparation for qualifying and the races. And that was in 2011 with a dominant car. In 2012 his name appears at the top even less (though of course recently he has done well because he has a good car again). You really need to consult reality before you push your snake oil saying Vettel show boats in practice. What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back