2012 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep here is the new wheel nut system, notice how few turns it would take to screw the wheel in place.
ogdisj.png

Kimi has the face of " this would be much greater if I had alcohol served up in front of me"

anyways, so far I do not trust FP1 or FP2 numbers one bit, I like Fernando as a driver, always have, BUT, even with all his might and magic I can say that he will struggle to get it to Q3. Sorry, but after Brawn and Todt, Ferrari has been downhill ever since. Fernando is the only reason they are something today.

Mclarents new nose is not ugly, matter fact is pretty slick, is there an aero advantage in front downforce with that "step" nose? if so I wonder if they were lacking some downforce with the nose used in the first 4 races.

Redbull...meh just hoping Webber can go with another Pole here, it would make it 3 in a row for this guy.

Other than that I just hope for a good race during sunday.

Today the RBR look so comfortable around the track almost like 2011, as for many of the top 10 teams were in a 1:30.000 to 1:31.000+ but if it is so the teams are really close, but we will never know till the race
For Mclaren one drive seem to have gotten it wright while the other looks to be on the back foot but still (1) one more practice session to go so we will see.

Qualifying is going to be the key at this race and good pit-stops which is always at all the races but to overtake is a tough one, so teams need to get that right.

For me i would say the a dry race for Mc 85%, RBR 87%, Mer 80%, Lotus 84-86% and Ferrari i'm left unsure
wet Mc 95%+, RBR 90%, Mer 81%+, Lotus 83% and Ferrari 89% due from recapping the last wet race

Just my take on event so far, what do i know :rolleyes:

I went on Thursday for the Pit Walk. Had the front row at the Red Bull garage and was 20cm from both Mark and Seb! The photos I got (and videos) are pretty good. :D

Here are some photos I uploaded to twitter yesterday:

Mr. Vettel. This is the reaction he had when some Aussie fan said "And you thought Melbourne was crazy" speaking of the spanish crowd. ;) He reached over my shoulder to give back someone's autograph at one point. He spent a long time signing autographs. At one point he went back and jumped into the car and talked to his engineers and then got out and signed some more.

AsjyCa_CEAAwN0I.jpg:large

Mr. Webber.

AsjxaY_CIAAjk7o.jpg:large

It was quite an experience and I would have never thought I would manage to get this close to the drivers. I was expecting to be jumping over people's heads but I was right there in front of them. :)

I saw Lewid and Button to the left signing autographs, it could be just me but they seemed to be there for a minute and then run away. Saw Massa as well but no Alonso, the crowd around his garage was soo big. :p

Oh, and I saw Michael Schumacher riding a bicycle. ;)

Asj2KJ1CEAAVsAD.jpg:large

Today I was at FP1 and FP2. First time seeing F1 cars go around the track and its awesome. So much noise and it all looked so... real and 3d ;) compared to TV. Pics coming later, I just got from the track, tired and satisfied. :p

Ahh Lewis didn't clean lap today might be in top 3 in changeable conditions of FP3
Let's c what will be in the Q sessions
He would have been quickest if he had not been held up.
He was fastest in the first two sectors and well on his way for the third one.

Vettel who was fastest was not fastest in any sector. What do you mean by changeable conditions? It´s was dry all session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%