2012 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tires Pirelli will bring are Hard & Soft.

capture.png
you forgot to see the first line of my post
and i said if hard and medium was chosen then it could be better than Soft and hard

Catalunya is a terrible track for overtaking so they probably went with a slightly more radical tyre choice to promote some action...
Yeah even with the DRS it wasn't so exciting last year. Hamilton was riding Vettel for half the race without any chance to overtake him. Of course this was mainly because of the blown diffuser and the great exit from the last corner of Vettel but still...

Yeah even with the DRS it wasn't so exciting last year. Hamilton was riding Vettel for half the race without any chance to overtake him. Of course this was mainly because of the blown diffuser and the great exit from the last corner of Vettel but still...
It was actually (according to himself) the gearing. He had too short of a gear which disallowed him to overtake on the straight.

But yes, Vettel could push KERS through the last corner, Hamilton only as he exited the corner.
However, Vettel had no KERS for most of the race.

I think the last corner is a problem with or without the blown diffuser. The dirty air just forces the car behind to drive through it much slower.

One other thing: According to formula1.com, it might rain on Sunday but be sunny on Saturday. That means the car with the largest tyre temperature window will have a big advantage. So far, it always seemed to me that the Lotus was the most robust car, but then again, there were roughly the conditions in Malaysia (sunny Quali, rain in the race)...

I think the last corner is a problem with or without the blown diffuser. The dirty air just forces the car behind to drive through it much slower.

One other thing: According to formula1.com, it might rain on Sunday but be sunny on Saturday. That means the car with the largest tyre temperature window will have a big advantage. So far, it always seemed to me that the Lotus was the most robust car, but then again, there were roughly the conditions in Malaysia (sunny Quali, rain in the race)...
If it rains then it could be a good chance for Ferrari again and we may even see Massa taking Podium :D
But we don't know about the Upgrades of the cars So can't say Lotus alone
I think Mclaren has the chance over Lotus and Defending Champions
I don't know about Mercedes as they struggled a lot in wet conditions last time

If it rains then it could be a good chance for Ferrari again and we may even see Massa taking Podium :D
But we don't know about the Upgrades of the cars So can't say Lotus alone
I think Mclaren has the chance over Lotus and Defending Champions
I don't know about Mercedes as they struggled a lot in wet conditions last time
This is F1 thread not Sci-Fi :p

Apparently McLaren were very sneakily testing an adjustable brake duct system at Mugello, which could help them if the conditions are changeable at the weekend.

They also tested this, i think i said i would eat my hat if they raced a high nose but thankfully it´s only been used in testing so far :)

McLaren-Nase-Mugello-F1-Test-2012-19-fotoshowImageNew-f0b6a1df-592387.jpg

And some info on what Chris is talking about regarding the brake ducts,

McLaren can adjust the brake ducts?
In addition to the nose could still see something interesting in Mugello. Both Paffett and Turvey came during their long runs every now and again briefly in the box, parked parallel to the garage and drove to a few seconds further back. During the brief stops were not as commonly changed tires or temperatures measured. They could see only two mechanics here who feigned on both sides of the airbox with a little crank spins. The only question is what?

Without a glance at the Carbon Dress we have no definitive answer - but a hot suspect: Even before the Mugello test there were already some rumors that McLaren is said to have developed a new revolutionary ventilation of the brakes, during a race can be adjusted. Initially there was speculation that the system will only work on the rear axle. The competition but now believed that it is both front and back tested.

Temperature regulation for tires
The benefit is easily explained: The system is not about the temperature of the brakes but the heat output can be controlled from inside the rim of the tire. The first Grand Prix of the year have shown there: Who can race Sunday to respond to temperature fluctuations, has a big advantage. The new Pirelli rubber of the 2012 vintage will only work in a small window.

It would be a real coup if the engineers had found a way out of Woking, adjust the temperature in the tires during the race. Since it is the brake ducts to aerodynamic parts, the driver from the cockpit itself is nothing to adjust active. If there is no other trick would have to make the mechanics during a pit stop, the necessary settings.

At the pit stop to get but not ran directly to the brakes without taking the tire change in the length. There must be another solution be found. Have the necessary screws will therefore be moving into the central part of the car? Perhaps we are in Barcelona a little smarter. Auto Motor und Sport is tuned but definitely on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back