2012 Formula One Season Standings

I'd still say that his championship hopes have taken quite a hit since he's not the team's clear number 1 driver anymore and won't be seeing any team orders in his favor any time soon.
he´s never been the number 1 driver.
Mclaren are equal until one of them mathematically can´t win the championship.
This is why they are allowed to race at all times on track as well.

Sure, there was nothing decided yet and maybe wouldn't have for the next couple of races, but if Hamilton had increased his points gap to Button even further, they'd definitely get to the point where he might be given advantages (receiving new parts earlier, etc.) and I doubt it would be only at the point where there is no more mathematical possibility for Button to become WDC.
In other words: If, right now, Hamilton had 150 points and Button 20, Button would still have a mathematical chance to become WDC but I'm pretty sure that McLaren would impose team orders nonetheless.

Recently, things started to look in Hamilton's favor but today's race changed that.

I see your point.

I for one am not rooting for this or that driver - I like Schumacher (no chance of winning), Lewis and Alonso, but whoever wins will be fine by me.

I want a good fight till the end. Lewis is very talented (Vettel and Alonso too) so he'll bounce back. Plenty of time for that.

Yea but now it seems it´s a battle between Alonso and Vettel.
Even i have started giving up on Hamilton possibly winning this but you never know.

He´s had three big failures in the last 3 races, this can happen to anyone still but realistically it´s Vettel and Alonso now.

Just hope Nando takes it.

When Nando was running away with it, he looked smug. He was wrapped in a blanket of luck. My hope was that the blanket would start shredding as the season went on.

But Vettel was not the driver I wanted to see pass him.

He has the skill but Ferlonso needs the lucky blanket again.

He's not my favourite driver at all, but I would prefer to see his mighty eyebrows than the infuriating index finger.

Standings are now finished!

Mclaren and Red Bull, equal wins, equal poles. (official poles at least)
But one is lightyears ahead of the other. Fantastic job Martin, brilliant........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... . . .

Standings are now finished!

Mclaren and Red Bull, equal wins, equal poles. (official poles at least)
But one is lightyears ahead of the other. Fantastic job Martin, brilliant........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... . . .

Hm, I don't recall Whitmarsh changing tyres or blowing up their engines all the time. :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back