2012 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
if Spain was any indicator of raw speed over 1lap,then Maca can have their way around here,and if LH parks it in 1st in Q,then the rest is easy.JB shouldnt be overlooked though ,considering the drive he put in last year,
other potentials could be Red Bull,Sauber,Williams.

still 9days to go,so ill wait a bit more before i take a guess

edit: also worth mentioning is NR who lives just around the corner from the track,so i think he shouldnt be completely discounted either if the car can come alive

Vettel, unfortunately. The characteristics of the RB8 are perfect for this track. So if Vettel screws it up somehow, then Webber.
I'd love a Schumacher win of course, but the car was terrible in Monaco last year, it probably still is AND he's got a five-place grid penalty, which is just too much on this track. Not gonna happen :(
Definitely the five-place grid penalty is a disadvantage in Monaco, but you never know how many restarts could happen.

Vettel, I believe, as Markus says, the RB8 is great on these slower tracks, and Vettel is very good as a driver on these tracks too. Don't discount Webber as well.

Here are the sector 3 times from Spain. Should give an indication on the performance of the cars in the slower bits.

Frankly this was the only sector where Vettel was even remotely close to the top 3.
but he´s still 2 tenths of Maldo and Hammy. 1 tenth of Alonso.

I´d say the qualifying order will be very similar to this for the Top 3 guys.

I have a hard time seeing Vettel on top here, The car is over a second slower then last year. Compared to Ferrari, Mclaren or Williams which has gotten quicker.

Hopefully with grid position being so important at Monaco, regardless of tyre deg, maybe a few others will leave the pits during Q3 this time.
At least Lewis ran out of fuel in Spain putting down a time and entertaining the paying crowd. The fact he was demoted to the back of the grid was pure bullshizz.

Hopefully with grid position being so important at Monaco, regardless of tyre deg, maybe a few others will leave the pits during Q3 this time.
At least Lewis ran out of fuel in Spain putting down a time and entertaining the paying crowd. The fact he was demoted to the back of the grid was pure bullshizz.

That might actually be a good idea - send everyone who did not take part in the final part of quali that they qualified for, to the back of the grid, unless they have a valid technical reason.

Other option is to take one set of options away from them.

Dunno how practical the above is, though.

Here are the sector 3 times from Spain. Should give an indication on the performance of the cars in the slower bits.

Frankly this was the only sector where Vettel was even remotely close to the top 3.
but he´s still 2 tenths of Maldo and Hammy. 1 tenth of Alonso.

I´d say the qualifying order will be very similar to this for the Top 3 guys.

I have a hard time seeing Vettel on top here, The car is over a second slower then last year. Compared to Ferrari, Mclaren or Williams which has gotten quicker.
Vettel was also a very good driver He was not Toy driver who can only manage the on EBD and OTBD he know how to use them to full extent more than Any one on track
Now he was having hard time with the pirelli tires as every one
And about Sector 3 times RBR was having good traction over there in that sector But you can still see Webber was 2 tenths off from Vettel in the same machinery

That might actually be a good idea - send everyone who did not take part in the final part of quali that they qualified for, to the back of the grid, unless they have a valid technical reason.

Other option is to take one set of options away from them.

Dunno how practical the above is, though.

Yeah but in the wacky world of the F1 rule book, you dont have to set a time, but if you do have a go, you better have a litre of fuel left otherwise you start behind those who didnt run or burn tyres, even further back than someone who had to ask the stewards to race as they are beyond the 107%. Total bobins!! :D

Anyway, sorry to keep this relevant to the thread, I simply hope that all 10 cars run Q3.

Yeah but in the wacky world of the F1 rule book, you dont have to set a time, but if you do have a go, you better have a litre of fuel left otherwise you start behind those who didnt run or burn tyres, even further back than someone who had to ask the stewards to race as they are beyond the 107%. Total bobins!! :D

Anyway, sorry to keep this relevant to the thread, I simply hope that all 10 cars run Q3.

That does sound iffy :p when you put it that way, you really have to feel sorry for Hamilton!

Anyone know what the F1 coverage is like in Sharm Egypt?

I will be there next weekend and I'm hoping to watch poolside, stuffed with all-inclusive booze and food, whilst pretending I'm actually in Monaco watching it in a pool on a yacht stuffed with chicks (the pool not me!) :)

Anyone know what the F1 coverage is like in Sharm Egypt?

I will be there next weekend and I'm hoping to watch poolside, stuffed with all-inclusive booze and food, whilst pretending I'm actually in Monaco watching it in a pool on a yacht stuffed with chicks (the pool not me!) :)

I would imagine they will have it on, if it is a resort they usually get english channels so will probably be able to have the bbc coverage.

Love the idea of pretending your on a yacht in monaco!! Wonder if I can create the same effect watching it in the bath haha

Make sure it's 37 degrees C in your bathroom and you are good to go :)

Don't have the telly too close, or the race really will be electrifying!

Thanks for the infoby the way, I really hope they do at least have bbc. I'm not even sure if bbc have the live race for this one? I have totally switched to Sky's superior coverage and team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back