2012 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is kind of funny to imply that Vettel should have been penalised there.

Well anyway, hope Vettel doesn't suffer an alternator failure on Sunday.
I know some of you wish he did, but in my opinion, that is not the philosophy of F1.
Where did I agree that Vettel should of been penalised? Although its some of my fault, I should of said when I agree with the broadcasters I meant Martin Brundle from Sky who during the Qauli session commented on the issue of cars slowing down after 130R, sorry for the confusion.

"Following qualifying Vettel was asked to go to the stewards after it was alleged he blocked Alonso at the chicane. He was given a reprimand but allowed to keep his pole position. "

shocker...other driver would of been penalized. what a shame.
Well Vettel Didn't blocked or Helded Alonso He went into Chicane and cutted it as soon as Alonso approached him unlike Vergene Who clearly Held up senna behind him and took the chicane.

Since Singapore I've had a feeling Sebastian and Red Bull are getting back into that groove they were in for 2011. And so far I haven't been proven wrong, Seb was untouchable at Singapore and Red Bull as a team have so far been dominant here. But I do think Mark is a little faster then Seb here. Should be an exciting to watch. Red Bull back to their best, it's a joy to watch.

Again lack of consistancy. First and foremost it needs to be determined what should incur a penalty, then keep that penalty consistant. I understand Pic has been repremanded and the team given a fine for the blocking of Hamilton but Vergne has managed to walk away with out anything simply because well, theres no point now because Senna didn't make it through and Vergne is only starting just ahead of him.

ladies and gentlemen, long overdue thanks to my personal stuff getting in the way, here is the pictures from Qualifying this morning.

i never took to many as i don't have the funds to buy myself a nice cup of hot choclate in the morning! LOL

ScreenHunter_157.jpg

ScreenHunter_158.jpg

ScreenHunter_142.jpg

ScreenHunter_143.jpg

ScreenHunter_146.jpg

ScreenHunter_148.jpg

ScreenHunter_154.jpg

ScreenHunter_155.jpg

ScreenHunter_150.jpg

ScreenHunter_156.jpg

Did annoying else find that Qualifying session very dull and boring?

Did annoying else find? or anyone else find? LOL

There was only one driver who really had a chance to take the pole position away from Vettel and that driver was Mark Webber. Red Bull has brought a very competitive car to Suzuka four years running now.

Yes this was not a "sitting on the edge of your seat" Q3 session, but there have been a number of less than exciting Q3 sessions this year as some of the teams figure they need to save their tires and either only go for one hot lap at the end of the session, or sit out the entire session. Sure it sucks when your favorite driver gets shafted due to a yellow or red flag near the end of the session, but that is the risk you take for sitting in the garage waiting for the track to evolve.

Since Singapore I've had a feeling Sebastian and Red Bull are getting back into that groove they were in for 2011. And so far I haven't been proven wrong, Seb was untouchable at Singapore and Red Bull as a team have so far been dominant here. But I do think Mark is a little faster then Seb here. Should be an exciting to watch. Red Bull back to their best, it's a joy to watch.
I wouldn't say that yet, Singapore Vettel wasn't dominant Hamilton was faster but his car couldn't get to the end & at Japan Red Bull dominate, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 Vettel has been on pole so we will see not this weekend considering it is a Red Bull strong track ;)

Wow what a weird Qualifying.. Hamilton mysteriously off pace.
Even without the yellow flag he would not have been anywhere near to challenge for Pole.
Button i can understand was quicker, this sort of track really fits the smooth style of Button´s and Vettel´s.

Vettel was on a flyer as well that would have put everyone into even more shame.

But, as we saw last year, their race pace here was not that good, the car just ate the tires up and he was passed by Alonso and Button i believe.
I think similar things will happen this year but we´ll see.

Apparently pushing hard in qualifying can really hinder you on race day in Suzuka, so lets hope Vettel doesn't do his usual disappearing off into the distance from pole.

Vettel won win crap except a punch in the face.

Alonso can still win with 2 Dnfs, just look at him and vettel, both have DNFS , except Alonso has scored just as much as him if not more.

Figures Seba fans jump the bandwagon such as last race.

Unfair penalty for Grosjean, Webber was already out of shape an pace by the time he was merely slowing down.

Alonso can still afford this DNF but it would be the last.

Jenson Button ur our only hope from this borefest.

If u watch closely alonso lost front grip trying to avoid a Lotus on his right, flickered left then right and front gave away as he went off line...guess Codemasters arr behind this SABOTAGE :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%