2012 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I don't know if I am wrong but did David Croft say that currently you can use 30 different gear ratios over a season but in 2014 you can only use 8 for a season, I don't know if I am wrong but I am sure he said that

I really hope that is a fault in Alonso's car that he can have a penalty for and help other drivers close in again in the championship :p

Edit: I forgot this is Friday so they won't be running race components so he wouldn't get a penalty :(

I really hope that is a fault in Alonso's car that he can have a penalty for and help other drivers close in again in the championship :p

Edit: I forgot this is Friday so they won't be running race components so he wouldn't get a penalty :(

Would get a penalty for a gear box change. And he had a gear box failure. So unless they can fix it..............:D

Also, are the cars allowed to go wide and off track exiting Ascari like last year?

Just that I havent seen one car stay inside the lines there yet, and understand there was some sort of rule rerlaxation to allow it at that part of the track.

Also, are the cars allowed to go wide and off track exiting Ascari like last year?

Just that I havent seen one car stay inside the lines there yet, and understand there was some sort of rule rerlaxation to allow it at that part of the track.
Not exactly but Charlie will probably turn his head to the other side when somebody goes wide, especially Alonso and Vetter (Hockenheim....)

This is gonna be a kind of a boring race. Medium and Hard tyres garantee 1 stop race for 80% of the grid... Reminds me at 2010 where I fell asleep watching Monza :D
According to Auto Motor und Sport, the teams are having problems with front tyre wear since Pirelli reduced the thickness of the tyres to prevent overheating. Therefore, they are now expected to do at least two stops :)

I guess that might also be good for Mercedes because they are struggling with the rear tyres which won't be as much of a problem if the other teams have to do more stops as well because of front tyre wear.

after FP2 it somehow seems as if the grid were to be the top 4-or 5 from 2010.

by the way is it just me, or did i Notice Ferrari (maybe other teams also) using extra arm bar on the left front side, almost as if they wanted a tad bit more downforce on the left side of their car (just quoting Speed TV commentators but they seem to care more about Nascar), wouldnt that upset the overall balance of the car?

According to Auto Motor und Sport, the teams are having problems with front tyre wear since Pirelli reduced the thickness of the tyres to prevent overheating. Therefore, they are now expected to do at least two stops :)

I guess that might also be good for Mercedes because they are struggling with the rear tyres which won't be as much of a problem if the other teams have to do more stops as well because of front tyre wear.
I don't believe this. They did 1 stop at Spa with the same tyres. Monza is not like it's heavier on tyres than Spa...

after FP2 it somehow seems as if the grid were to be the top 4-or 5 from 2010.

by the way is it just me, or did i Notice Ferrari (maybe other teams also) using extra arm bar on the left front side, almost as if they wanted a tad bit more downforce on the left side of their car (just quoting Speed TV commentators but they seem to care more about Nascar), wouldnt that upset the overall balance of the car?

Would hurt in Ascari, would help in pretty much any other turn of Monza, specially the parabolica. I am not counting the chicanes since they are taken at so low speed that I don´t think aero matters much.

So, it may pay off. Regarding unbalance, suspensions, cambers, etc are set up asymmetrically very often, so can be aero as long as you dont go too far.

:p

Grosjean_002

so i just purchased my package to watch F1 in HD for the next 6 races... Bring it on i say! i should be repeating my screenshot collage again just like before, sorry i missed out on the Belgian one, i was not up to doing it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%