2012 Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do they mean by that only 298 starts?
Has he jumped into a race mid-way?

Same thing for Kova 100 GP´s, 99 starts.

Edit: maybe it´s for starting from pitlane?
Kovalainen didn't start in Spain 2010 because his gearbox was messed up.
Schumacher was the French GP of 1996 because his engine failed in the formation lap

Hoping the race doesn't get delayed by the rain. It's going to be broadcast at 5am here in California, and since I have it scheduled to record if it goes over it's time slot I won't get to see it all. I may just have to make it record after it's scheduled time as a precaution.

And another thing in the Red Bull saga:
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...zu-red-bull-kommt-drei-mal-davon-5305748.html

In Monte Carlo und Hockenheim mussten Teamchef Christian Horner und Technikdirektor Adrian Newey zuletzt jeweils vier Stunden vor dem Rennen zum Rapport bei den Sportkommissaren. "Das ist nicht optimal für die Rennvorbereitung", meinte Sebastian Vettel.
[...]
Der dritte Fall sickerte erst am Rande des GP Ungarns durch. In Montreal entdeckten die Regelhüter am dritten Dämpfer der Vorderachse im Red Bull RB8 einen unerlaubten Verstellmechanismus. Von der Einstellung des Dämpfers hängt die Bodenfreiheit an der Vorderachse ab. Diese darf sich zwischen Qualifikation und Rennen nicht ändern. Weil Verstellungen von Hand für die Aufpasser in den Boxen schwer zu erkennen wären, hat die FIA die Regel erlassen, dass sämtliche Fahrwerksverstellungen mit einem Werkzeug zu betätigen sind.
Im Fall Red Bull war das aber kinderleicht mit der bloßen Hand möglich. Wer Böses denkt, könnte unterstellen, dass in den Rennen zuvor zwischen Training und Rennen der Bodenabstand verstellt wurde, ohne dass es der Kommissar in den Boxen merkte. Die FIA wies Red Bull an, das umgehend abzustellen, ohne es an die große Glocke zu hängen. Regelexperten meinen: "Man hätte Red Bull in Kanada locker disqualifizieren können."
Translation:
In Monte Carlo and Hockenheim both teamchef Christian Horner and Technical director Adrian Newey had to bring reports to the sports commisioners only four hours before the race. "That's not optimal for the preparation of the race", said Sebastian Vettel.
[...]
The third case shined through at the beginning of the Hungarian GP. The stewards discovered an unallowed adjustment availability at the third damper of the front axle. The ride height at the front axle is regulated by this damper. It's not allowed to change the ride height between the qualification and the race. Because adjustments by hand are hard to detect, the FIA instated a rule that all (legal) suspension adjustments had to be adjusted with one and the same tool.
In the case of Red Bull everything could be adjusted with bare hand. Who thinks about the evil side of this, could say that in the former racers Red Bull changed the ride height between qualification and the race, without the track stewards noticing.
The FIA forced Red Bull to change the dampers without bringing it as big news in the press. Experts say Red Bull should've been disqualified in Canada.

Forgive my errors as I'm not English nor German. I didn't know how to translate 'an die große Glocke zu hängen' to English. In Dutch we have the same sentence 'aan de grote klok hangen'. So I translated that to 'bringing it as big news in the press'. It's making something publicly known in an enormous way..

So:
RB could change the ride height between the qualification and the race.
This + holes in the floor + engine mapping crap should lead to a ban imo.

Hoping the race doesn't get delayed by the rain. It's going to be broadcast at 5am here in California, and since I have it scheduled to record if it goes over it's time slot I won't get to see it all. I may just have to make it record after it's scheduled time as a precaution.

I like to record the races even if I am watching them live. I usually start watching the race 5-10 minutes after it starts and then just fast forward through any commercials and I also extend the recording time by a good 2+ hours on top of the normal 2 hours the TV networks allocate for the event. Of course if the event goes beyond 4 hours, then we are screwed and at the mercy of the TV network as to whether they will continue to cover the rain delayed event or cut away for some other program. :speechless:

Kovalainen didn't start in Spain 2010 because his gearbox was messed up.
Schumacher was the French GP of 1996 because his engine failed in the formation lap

Bradley is correct according to F1.com race results. They put a DNS next to his name when he broke his leg in British GP 99 and an RET(retired) next to his name in French GP 96.

I assume the way it works is if you pull off from the formation lap its considered a start. And if you don't start the formation lap it's a DNS.

They restarted the British GP 99 race which was redflagged for cars stuck on the grid.

P3:
Red Bull and McLaren are comfortably fastest out there. Mercedes struggling a lot (no surprise), Sauber doesn't look as good as in previous races, Force India looks very decent. Williams - pretty good, Senna is faster than Maldonado. Biggest dark horse is Lotus (again), Raikkonen was badly held by Vettel on his fastest lap, Grosjean set fastest middle sector and then clawed back to the pits ...And it could rain in the race!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%