2012 Formula One European Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the guy I'm dissappointed with is Hamilton. Sure, Maldonado tagged him pretty good, but Lewis' tires were absolutely gone, and he had no chance to keep the Williams behind him. Those types of decisions are what win championships. Could have backed off and scored critical points, but now he comes away with nothing, reminiscent of 2010 where he blew the title with silly aggression.

However, the guy that I'm really impressed with is Roman Grosjean. I'm starting to think this guy is going to be one of the top drivers in Formula 1 soon. His start was amazing and he really fought well to get to 2nd. Only miscue I guess was when Alsonso passed him, but Fernado was on fire at that point and I really can't blame Grosjean. I'm very interested in seeing how Grosjean finishes the year. I expect a win at some point.

And Alonso was just ridiculous yesterday. I made this point before, and I'll make it again: this year it comes down to the drivers, pure and simple. Anyone who thinks otherwise just needs to watch back the race from yesterday...

Agree completely. Although I dread to think what Alonso could do with a better car - of course he was lucky that Vettel retired. I disagree about Hamilton though. He made the same defensive move in that turn that a lot of the drivers were doing - including Maldonado. That said, I agree that Lewis wouldn't have kept him behind much longer. All Maldonado needed to do was regroup and attack him at the next turn, rather than do what he did. I don't think it was malicious but he just wasn't thinking. I think its fair to expect that another driver wouldn't attempt to make a ridiculous rejoin like that. Very poor form from Pastor, and we've seen it in the past too. Something really needs to be done about him.

And I too can't wait to see what Grosjean can do. Outpacing Kimi at the moment. Now he's been given a proper stab at it rather than the controversy of 08/09, he's showing what he's made of and I even think he's WDC material.

AwMT6PDCIAEG7Li.jpg:large

As we can see, nothing about Kimi has changed other than getting closer to Alonso.

I think this could be a run away season with RBR this year, so far the car looks to have Great Race Pace doing 1/2 sec to a full second on the first stent. Baffling :unsure:

For alonso he could carry home the title from here on with the way he performing at the moment :cool:

I think this could be a run away season with RBR this year, so far the car looks to have Great Race Pace doing 1/2 sec to a full second on the first stent. Baffling :unsure:

For alonso he could carry home the title from here on with the way he performing at the moment :cool:
According to the Demonstration of Sebastian upto his retirement YES They can run away like last year and i guess only Alonso can hold him up but this is 2012 so can't say anything for sure
But with the Upgrades coming for most of teams in Silverstone lets see how they will be up against the New RBR car and if still RBR had Advantage then This season will belongs to them again
SO LETS WAIT AND SEE IN WHAT IS IN STORE FOR SILVERSTONE

Well, that was a great race.

Alonso was great again, and Ferrari seems to keep making steps forward. It was a flawless race. Massa had some bad luck, but he's clearly not up to the challenge, and it doesn't look he's capable of improving. A shame, but he's not the same Massa of 2008.

Räikkönen had a mostly "unremarkable" race, and made it to 2nd. A good drive though, and it looked like he had the pace to go for the win. Grosjean was driving very well, but technical failures can't be controlled. He could have been the 8th in 8, he had the speed for sure, and he's showing he's F1 material, even if he makes mistakes.

There was another returnee in the podium. Congratulations to Michael Schumacher and Mercedes. At last he had some luck, and this will probably give him even more confidence into the next races. Rosberg was 6th, which is another good result for Mercedes, and keeps him in 5th position overall.

Webber did a great race too, ending 4th after a really bad qualifying session. It puts him 2nd in the driver's championship. Vettel had an "easy" win in his hands, but the car broke.

Nico Hulkenberg took 5th, the best result for Force India this season. Di Resta was 7th, putting a good end to a good weekend for Force India.

Button has been MIA in the last races, and this is no exception. He really needs to pick up the pace (not like he isn't trying) and I hope he can do it soon, he's good to have in the top places. Hamilton did a good race for what he had, and managed to hold Grosjean for quite a long time, even if he was clearly slower. A pit problem (looked like the jack broke) costed him 2 positions, and then Maldonado ended his race. Bad weekend for McLaren, maybe they'll have better luck in Silverstone.

Sergio Pérez didn't shine so much in this race, he didn't seem to be involved in anything. Kobayashi was unlucky, he was having a strong race, with a good chance for a podium, but Senna's mistake put an end to that. Perhaps it was too optimistic to put his nose there, but still. And then he crashed against Massa, ending his own race.

Bruno Senna certainly had an interesting race. He seemed to be doing well, then he closed Kobayashi against the wall, got a puncture, then a drive through, and was last with a big gap to the next car. Then the SC saved his race, and after retirements and penalties, he ended 10th. He really needs to stop making rookie mistakes, he would get a lot better results. As for Maldonado...someone defined his moves as borderline-idiotic. That suits him perfectly.

Petrov and Kovalainen drove that Caterham to its limits, with 13th and 14th, after being involved in crashes with the Toro Rosso drivers.

Charles Pic kept it together, and got a 15th position while being close to Kovalainen.

De la Rosa did what he could with the HRT, which keeps improving but it's not quite there yet. It looks like it doesn't treat the tyres well, so they suffer with high wear. Both him and Karthikeyan finished the race without technical problems.

Vergné was ridiculous this race. He crashed Kovalainen for no reason, and the penalty is deserved. A mistake, sure, but a costly one.

As for the Maldonado/Hamilton crash. Sure, Hamilton should have played it safe, but as he said, this is racing. They have to expect certain standards, like a driver not coming back into the track right at the middle of the apex when there's another car there. Hamilton pushed Maldonado out of the track, yes (doing that isn't right) but Maldonado did that to Webber a few laps before in the last corner. And once Maldonado was out of the track, the fight was on hold and he should have focused on going back to the track. And yes, it's a split second decision, but if he can't get right this kind of thing, then he's not deserving of racing in Formula 1. And it's not like it's an uncommon thing for Maldonado. I doubt he'll learn though, not even if he had a harsh penalty like missing a race. I doubt this will be the last crash he'll have this season.

So overall, a good race, maybe the best this season in terms of excitement. But honestly, I hope I can keep saying that for every race.

Yeah, if other teams are implementing clever solutions that make them faster, it's totally okay, but if RB do it, they are clearly cheating :rolleyes:
did I mention cheating? oh no I didn't maybe next time I should.

Exploit is another word for "neweys magic comprehension of rules"

no "cheating" as others put it in here.

rofl.

Plus thats always how its been, newey "cheats" as you say, and others try to copy, so why the butt hurt.

Yeah, if other teams are implementing clever solutions that make them faster, it's totally okay, but if RB do it, they are clearly cheating :rolleyes:
Most of the time it´s different with RBR, not so much loopholes but instead very drastic interpretations of the rules.
Stuff that never would be legal had FIA known about it. Which is why we see them having to close holes and stuff when someone notifies FIA on it.

did I mention cheating? oh no I didn't maybe next time I should.

Exploit is another word for "neweys magic comprehension of rules"

no "cheating" as others put it in here.

rofl.

Plus thats always how its been, newey "cheats" as you say, and others try to copy, so why the butt hurt.
And precisely what part of the new rear end is a "magic comprehension of the rules"?

It's a complete innovation, something others haven't even thought of yet. There is nothing controversial about it. As a matter of fact, it's already been on the car for a while, it's just that it didn't work as intended so they improved it. I really don't see what's supposed to be the problem this time.

Stuff that never would be legal had FIA known about it. Which is why we see them having to close holes and stuff when someone notifies FIA on it.
If I recall it correctly, the FIA actually did know about that one in Bahrain already (because RB asked them if it was okay) but only reacted once the other teams complained (not a formal complaint, that is) about it in Monaco.

But the team here to worry is Mclaren their silly pit stops need to be solved as that was really costing them in major area
As we know small things are giving very big Effect. Lotus and Ferrari was approached Very near to Mclaren. Lotus are adrift of 11 and Ferrari adrift of 15
So they need to react quickly to save P2 from Lotus i think

Dont hate, If its a major aero upgrade good for RBR...

if its something that only Benefits Renault engines (such as ebd) then it should be revised..

thats why the rules were re-written for this year, so everyone had a close gap and not just 1 dominant constructor....(although is F1 nature for it to happen)

I love to see the updates as in aero, but if its engine related, even Brawn woudl have to protest...just like Rbrb did about teh double F-duct.

and this isnt an attack just towards RBR....

as in Melbourne, Mclaren were superbly checked after race for anything illegal, so is just not bashing RBR, is just a simple point of view that other teams will also look at why they were so fast.
I mean you go from being slightly below the top field to being in 2 races or less the fastest out there (discounting the drivers skills of course)...so in my mind im not the only one wondering, im sure something as in days before the british gp or after it will pop up, i predict several protests, if aero is not really the case.

I volunteer for FREE il pay my own expenses, to actually change tyres for the Mclaren crew, they really need to stop screwing up...

simple tools can lift a car...that innovative crap they have fails...

like I always say "simplicity is the key to success"...keep things simple and it runs smooth without issues, unless you can lift over 25 pounds.

Dont hate, If its a major aero upgrade good for RBR...

if its something that only Benefits Renault engines (such as ebd) then it should be revised..

thats why the rules were re-written for this year, so everyone had a close gap and not just 1 dominant constructor....(although is F1 nature for it to happen)

I love to see the updates as in aero, but if its engine related, even Brawn woudl have to protest...just like Rbrb did about teh double F-duct.

and this isnt an attack just towards RBR....

as in Melbourne, Mclaren were superbly checked after race for anything illegal, so is just not bashing RBR, is just a simple point of view that other teams will also look at why they were so fast.
I mean you go from being slightly below the top field to being in 2 races or less the fastest out there (discounting the drivers skills of course)...so in my mind im not the only one wondering, im sure something as in days before the british gp or after it will pop up, i predict several protests, if aero is not really the case.

I volunteer for FREE il pay my own expenses, to actually change tyres for the Mclaren crew, they really need to stop screwing up...

like I always say "simplicity is the key to success"...keep things simple and it runs smooth without issues, unless you can lift over 25 pounds.
And may be FIA can't find any thing i guess Cos RBR doesn't want to loose their Performance at any cost and after the Protest after Slot on the Floor i think they designed this car More Cautiously but also other teams need to Look where they gain the Advantage and try gain the same Advantage

That "innovative crap" is used by other teams as well (e.g. Ferrari), works fine and makes your pitstops faster.
Although failed pitstops happend this year nearly every race at McLaren I cannot really blame them for this one. It was no human error, it was a technical issue which could have happend to anybody and which already happend over the years to other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%