2012 Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
São Paulo welcomes Formula One as the teams assemble at Interlagos for the 20th and final round of the 2012 F1 World Championship. The Brazilian Grand Prix has been the scene of much drama since it moved from the beginning to the end of the F1 season and it has the opportunity to be so again as Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso go head-to-head around the famous Autódromo José Carlos Pace, each seeking to become a three-times World Champion

Click here to read the official 2012 Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix preview

event_artwork_883.jpg

Last race for Micheal Schumacher before his second retirement

I'd go as far to say that it will probably the last race in his career. I don't think he'll find the inspiration to come back a second time unless he'd be willing to run in one of the mid to bottom tier teams. He got lucky with the opportunity he had with Mercedes because I doubt any better team will take a chance on him.

ahhh Brazil, I remember how Fernando won it here in 2005 and 2006, obvoiusly he had to finish in the podium in 2005 regardless of Kimi winning it.

2006 Schumi just had bad luck engine.

2007 He almost had it, but Ferrari played it smart with Kimi and Massa pit stops.
2008 2nd and 2009 i dont remember, but he wasnt there to win anything.

2010 he was just one race away from winning the WC.
2011 lost 2nd or 3rd place in the points, but it was worthless since Seb clinched it in Japan.

Given that Alonso has a good podium finish record in this track, with the F2012....I highly doubt it, unless Lewis is there to cover Vettel...

If they are to win the WC, they better sort themselves out and create a machinery for 2013 that represents their win, even if they dont win the WC, they were the closest and most reliable throughout the whole year behind RB.
this year...Thunder, lighting, and rain over the weekend....

my heart will be in my throat....

come on buddy, the world wants a new World Champion! even if you won it before...If the Mayans are correct about the end of the world, at least I can die happy :p

About the video, I really miss those car specs, maximum downforce cars, sadly they are gone :(

I'd go as far to say that it will probably the last race in his career. I don't think he'll find the inspiration to come back a second time unless he'd be willing to run in one of the mid to bottom tier teams. He got lucky with the opportunity he had with Mercedes because I doubt any better team will take a chance on him.
It was his last race as he decided to end his career. He tried his best to develop a car but eventually Mercedes failed in that. I think he will be there as a Team Member if offered by Merc camp

Probability for rain on Saturday for quali is around 70%, with Sunday having a 60% chance of rain. A lot can change from now until race day but these predictions are getting me excited for what could happen this weekend.

It was his last race as he decided to end his career. He tried his best to develop a car but eventually Mercedes failed in that. I think he will be there as a Team Member if offered by Merc camp

Yeah, their development just bombed, especially this year. They were good during the first handful of races but after that they had no success with any upgrades. Sucks he has to go out like this.

I expect Schumi to probably retire from racing altogether. Mika and him should go have some drinks. :p

I think Vettel's got this. He's just got too much of an advantage going in, reliability is his only concern. If it rains, Alonso's great in the rain, but its not going to stop Vettel finishing where he needs to to clinch the title.

I expect Schumi to probably retire from racing altogether. Mika and him should go have some drinks. :p

I think Vettel's got this. He's just got too much of an advantage going in, reliability is his only concern. If it rains, Alonso's great in the rain, but its not going to stop Vettel finishing where he needs to to clinch the title.
Well Still Vettel has some concerns The reliability. So until we see the Final result we can't say who got the WDC Except Alonso got a DNF which was highly unlikely

Vettel managed to do it in 2010 when 3 other drivers were also in a position to take it from him in the final race.
It is likely that he will do it again. Let hope his luck has run out and he has to fight on his own.

Red Bull running a new spec alternator that Renault tested on Caterham and Lotus at the weekend. They're quite confident that should the problem sorted :(

Anyone know any good rain dances ? :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline