2012 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh?

Having less fuel in your car during qualy its an adventage. It's in the rules and all the teams know it.

Also without penalties points from all drivers would be different, specially the ones who had a failure in engine or gearbox.

Wouldn't be a pity to have the championship decided by Grosjean making a stupid move on HAM and ALO at Spa? Or is just a pity when ALO is the one benefited...
What I meant was that the WDC would be decided by a penalty, but then I realized that perfect races never happen.

I very much doubt that vettel will finish higher than 10th. I could be wrong but even with drs, it's a tricky track to overtake. he will shoot past the first 8 quickly but then it obviously gets stronger and...the longer you're nearer the back, the more time you lose - because you're being forced to run at the speed of the guy in front. if ur in 15th, ur running some way slower than the guy in 9th if you know what i mean.:)

What I meant was that the WDC would be decided by a penalty
Would it be better, if it was decided by a LACK of it?

Good news for ALO fans this penalizing of Vettel.
You betcha! :D
th_Brian_Dancing_Banana_by_zorkky.gif

Good news for Webber!! However for him to win WDC alonso and vettel would have to be out of the points in the remaining races and he would have to win all of them lol. :D hahaha :p

I guess Out of Parc Ferme rules do that mean he can start what ever tire he want also can change the gear ratio's and setup

Vettel will be able to start on any tires he wants and he will be able to change his gear box (if his kiss with the wall in Q1 damaged it). Also unless I am mistaken he will be able to change his setup now that he will be starting from the pits.

I don't expect Vettel to challenge for the podium, but with a good race strategy, and clean driving, he could score some points. Webber was in last place in Japan after Grosjean took out the Aussie at the start and he finished in the points.

Vettel will end in the points. As long as he manages to finish the race, of course.

Red Bull made a mistake, that's uncharacteristic. The penalty is consistent with Hamilton's at Catalunya, so I doubt anyone can complain about it, but I can't figure why they thought they had to risk it so much. Anyway, I think Vettel will be able to end 8th or better tomorrow.

Fernando has a good chance to get to Austin with equal, or even a slight advantage in points. Hamilton is looking strong for the win though, and Webber should have no troubles to keep second. And then Maldonado, who is a wild card and might win or crash in the first lap. Then Räikkönen, who yet again is around there, but not quite enough. Hopefully Lotus have set their 7th right. And Button...He doesn't seem to be having a good weekend, but you can't write him off.

Vettel will be able to start on any tires he wants and he will be able to change his gear box (if his kiss with the wall in Q1 damaged it). Also unless I am mistaken he will be able to change his setup now that he will be starting from the pits.

I don't expect Vettel to challenge for the podium, but with a good race strategy, and clean driving, he could score some points. Webber was in last place in Japan after Grosjean took out the Aussie at the start and he finished in the points.
Well i guess this race answers lot of people's questions that whether Vettel was a Better racer or not as we all know what kind of name he has in most people's view.
With the Mistake from Redbull they are trying to make a gamble on the result by starting the race from pits rather than back of grid to enable a strategic choice. I believe he will be on Primes at the start.

It's not really as much of a strategic choice than it is a no-brainer. They are already going to start 24th no matter what they do, so electing to start from pit lane just gives them more freedom. It was the best option they had if they wanted any shot of getting Vettel into the points.

This won't really prove anything if Vettel is good or not because people will still say "but duh, he had a much faster car then the drivers he overtook".

None the less, even if this track isn't very famous for having a lot of overtaking entertainment for the viewers it will surely have some overtaking action with Vettel starting in 24th. ;)

Rubens started 24th last year and finished 12th in a Williams that was dreadful. One would imagine that Sebastian could finished at least 10th if he doesn't wreck it.

I still have Alonso winning the title. With the current circumstances, a podium finish with Vettel outside the points would put Alonso in the lead.

For once, I am happy Vettel has been penalised. It always McLaren being penalised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back