2012 Force India VJM05

425185_10150560560967936_292141847935_8720672_1843856228_n.jpg

No comment on the horrible Platypus noses, absolutely horrible.

2012 will be the year of running the worse looking car.

A lot of contenders for the Ugly Award..

I don't understand, are all these engineers dumb or lazy or something? Why they can't produce some nice looking car like McLaren did?

No they are not dumb. There are pros and cons with having a low nose like Mclaren. Just like it is with having a high nose to feed as much air as possible under the nosecone.

They are not participating in a beauty pageant, it´s a championship and the fastest car will win it, not the best looking one.

I don't understand, are all these engineers dumb or lazy or something? Why they can't produce some nice looking car like McLaren did?
Maybe the McLaren engineers are in dumb in the end when they find out that Ferrari and others generate extra downforce with this platypus design :)

That's right but F1 is also an image business. I doubt this is very good for the design image for Ferrari and Mercedes.

No they are not dumb. There are pros and cons with having a low nose like Mclaren. Just like it is with having a high nose to feed as much air as possible under the nosecone.

They are not participating in a beauty pageant, it´s a championship and the fastest car will win it, not the best looking one.
I know history. MP4/20 had extremely low nose as well as BGP001. Certainly fastest car can be nice looking too.

I know history. MP4/20 had extremely low nose as well as BGP001. Certainly fastest car can be nice looking too.
BrawnGP car was not the fastest car at the end of the season. And it had a double diffuser which caught everyone off guard.
The Mclaren did not win the championship even.

Again, they are not designed to look good. They are designed to go fast and with the nose it´s up to the designer and the philosophy of the whole design which decides what nose goes on the car.

BrawnGP car was not the fastest car at the end of the season. And it had a double diffuser which caught everyone off guard.
The Mclaren did not win the championship even.
Toyota and Williams had DD too but they were nowhere near. And even by the end of championship with virtually no development Brawn won in Monza with no KERS and Barrichello got pole in Brazil.

Again, they are not designed to look good. They are designed to go fast and with the nose it´s up to the designer and the philosophy of the whole design which decides what nose goes on the car.
But tendency that fastest cars are look good speaks by itself :)

Toyota and Williams had DD too but they were nowhere near. And even by the end of championship with virtually no development Brawn won in Monza with no KERS and Barrichello got pole in Brazil.
Yea but they did not develop their cars for over 18 months. I can assure you they did not win the championship because they had a low nose.
Yea he took pole, 0.1 seconds away from Webber who won the race.

But tendency that fastest cars are look good speaks by itself :)
What looks good is individual. I think the Ferrari, Mclaren and Force India looks absolutely stellar in their own way.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend OR beauty is only skin deep(your pick)...car is good looking ,the only thing i dont like is the new Sahara logo on the side pods

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 152 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%