2012 DTM Season

There are more sources claiming it could be the truth, he said he's up for that challenge if they let him drive. Truth is they're testing new drivers this month including him, Maxime Martin, Fabio Leimer and Marco Wittmann. Martin is probably the best out of them

Maxime Martin would be something, that guy was mighty fast in GT1 in the past :)
I was also hoping to see Nick Heidfeld in DTM at some point, maybe that could be the chance for that.

Now Valencia is really something this year. Mercedes has absolutly ZERO chance on this track :confused:

Qualy:

1) Farfus (BMW)
2) Mortara (Audi)
3) Albuquerque (Audi)
4) Tambay (Audi)
... 12) Spengler (BMW)
... 16) Paffett (Mercedes)
... 18) Green (Mercedes)

Spengler has to make it into the top4 to take the lead in the championship; this will be very hard to do.
I predict Mortara for the win tommorow :)

Paffett : 127 points to Spengler : 124 points. Who wins the last race will be Champion.
Mercedes has always been very good at the Season Finisher, but I hope Spengler gets his 1st Title he has been consistantly strong over the last years and deserves to win it atleast once :D
Makes Championship will be open till the last Shift aswell so it will be a cracker weekend.

wow what a weird race at first!! Spengler gets drive-through for jump start with 1CM or less.
Honestly you could not even see the jump start!
Then paffett gets drive through for hitting Hand, then Green for leaving track, then Schumacher for the same.

Domination by Farfus, congratulations! Also to Spengler and Audi in general, super strong!

Also props to Frey, she drives like a BOSS.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Spengler had record pit stop at 2,6 seconds!!

Eat that F1 boys ;)

Poles
4 - BMW - Spengler, Spengler, Spengler, Farfus
3 - Audi - Ekström, Mortara, Scheider
2 - Mercedes - Paffett, Paffett

Fastest laps
5 - Mercedes - Green, Green, Green, Paffett, Mehri
3 - BMW - Tomczyk, Spengler, Spengler
1 - Audi - Scheider

Wins
4 - BMW - Spengler, Spengler, Spengler, Farfus
3 - Mercedes - Paffett, Paffett, Green
2 - Audi - Mortara, Mortara

1. 127p - Paffett
  2. 124p - Spengler
  3. 109p - Green
  4. _85p - Rockenfeller
  5. _81p - Ekström

Maxime Martin would be something, that guy was mighty fast in GT1 in the past :)
I was also hoping to see Nick Heidfeld in DTM at some point, maybe that could be the chance for that.
That nearly happened. When the Eyjafjallajökull erupted in 2010 Timo Glock and Nick Heidfeld were already in Germany while F1 testdrivers Paul DiResta and Gary Paffet were stuck in Malaysia. Timo and Nick were asked by Norbert Haug to race as subsitute if Paul and Gary didn't make it.

so some facts and rumour about the 2013 carlender:

Facts:
- 28th April Round 1 at Hockenheimring
- 5th May Round 2 at Eurospeedway Lausitz
- 2nd June Round 4 at Red Bull Ring
- 7th July Round 5 at Norisring
- 4th August Round 6/7 at Nürburgring
- 15th September Round 8/9/10 Oschersleben
- 20th October Round 10/11 Hockenheimring

Rumor:
- 19th May Round 3 at Donnington, if Motorsport Vision (Jonathan Palmer) buys the track (the date clashes with the 24h at the Nürburgring again, but 2013 the 24h race will be started on that sunday and not on the saturday and therefore the DTM race ends before the 24h starts). If not, Brands Hatch stays.
- 21st July Round 6 at Moscow Raceway. It would be a cheap option since the Russians are interested to have a DTM race and would pay transport costs. This would also extend the schedule to 11 races.
- 18th/25th August Round 8/9 at Ile Notre-Dame Montreal. 25th would be the optimal date but on the same day there is a Formula 1 race. As there wouldn't be any support like in Moscow, the cars would be shipped over.
- 29th September Round 9/10 at Dijon, if the Spanish round is dropped
- Munich will be dropped
- Zandvoort might either be dropped or will stay due to the cheap contract in the schedule either to subsitute the Round at Moscow or Montreal.

Theoretically there are 12 slots for the DTM schedule but it is not likely to see 12 races.

Source: Speedweek, Red Bull Media House Switzerland

Q:
1) Farfus (BMW)
2) Paffett (Mercedes)
3) Spengler (BMW)
4) Ekström (Audi)

This final race will be epic. The grid-order makes sure that it's as close as it can get.

My prediction is that Farfus will try some sort of blocking manouver to let Spengler by whilst blocking Paffett behind him. BMW did that last time with Priaulx blocking Frey to let Spengler pass both.
This could get really ugly if I'm right :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back